Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Importing XL WH into HLS?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Importing XL WH into HLS?

I'm trying to wrap my head around how this would work....anyone do this with XL and HLS?

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Importing XL WH into HLS?

Been trying to wrap my head around it too. There has to be a way of creating a a PP or segment/s in HLS and drop a WHM effect from XL/NC onto it. I did start to make a large vertical matrix some time back, in HLS that covered the house but dropped the idea, waiting instead for it to be implemented. We need someone from the XL/NC team to give some direction on how the WHM is created (based on a matrix?) Could we simply drop it onto a matrix PP in HLS? Probably not.
    I really like using HLS as my main sequencer with NC for some effects. The WH effect would complete my sequencing needs.
    Last edited by habbosrus; 09-25-2015 at 10:05 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a video Angus did for me that shows how he does it. Initial setup is a pain though. The link is here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_1DU33pcmg He's made it private though. I downloaded it and have it somewhere though.

Last edited by MindTrik; 09-25-2015 at 10:07 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Is that with a grid and assigning pixels to the grid? That's what I started earlier in the year. I kept getting stuck and had to rethink size and dimensions. Maybe I was overthinking it (probably, I tend to do that). I'll have another go at it I guess.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes..making a grid and assigning pixels.

Post Thanks / Like

I went down this path last year for a bit as well but ran into issues when trying to incorporate things like Rope light elements and LED's into the WHM.
    I can definitely understand Joe's frustration, I think he could implement a "pixel only" solution quite easily but LED's and such complicate things a great deal.
    I guess the best solution is just go all pixel!

I am going to keep an eye on this thread to see if you guys come up with a makeshift solution. Good Luck! I have to get back to converting 6 songs for Halloween....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DrNeutron View Post
    I went down this path last year for a bit as well but ran into issues when trying to incorporate things like Rope light elements and LED's into the WHM.
    I can definitely understand Joe's frustration, I think he could implement a "pixel only" solution quite easily but LED's and such complicate things a great deal.
    I guess the best solution is just go all pixel!

I am going to keep an eye on this thread to see if you guys come up with a makeshift solution. Good Luck! I have to get back to converting 6 songs for Halloween....

IMO, a whole house capability should be only pixel. More than likely you want to do color fades up/down -- left/right.

I still can't imagine how someone would program a WH with incans and leds embedded within --- how would that look????

I just released 24T which increases Segment and PP to be associated with 60,000 channels - up from 20,000 prior to this release.

You can make a WH PP -- just use my PP manager to assign all of the pixels and RGB channels in the PP assignment grid where they are located on the house.

Joe
    Link to my DownLoad Site: [B][COLOR=#ff0000][URL]http://www.joehinkle.com/HLS[/URL]

[/COLOR][/B][IMG]http://joehinkle.com/HLS/HLS%20Logo%20Small.jpg[/IMG]

Post Thanks / Like

I think people use "WH" in two different ways. Pixels ONLY using a wipe, effect across the entirety of your pixels across your yard. Then, WIPE effects that do like a black out rolling across the yard or maybe an all white across the yard. THAT is where using Icans would be in the WH.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MindTrik View Post
    I'm trying to wrap my head around how this would work....anyone do this with XL and HLS?

I don't understand why you would want to export XL into hls. Why not import hls into xlights, then do effects and "whole house" stuff within xlights?

For me, I used lor last year, so this is my first year using pixels and not using LOR software. Xlights can do it all.

Post Thanks / Like

Because we'd like to stay in HLS

11. Thanks habbosrus thanked for this post
    Likes habbosrus liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast