Thread: rear projection help please

Post Thanks / Like

Default rear projection help please

got a projector and a few clips now what i need is somehow to make a short clip ie
    liston to lights please be curtios and dim you lights ect ect now since this is a rear projection it has to be written backwards

does anyone know of a program or diy video or someone that does it for a fair price

i do not need anything special just a basic clip

thanx in advance

larry

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: rear projection help please

Most projectors have the option to mirror image/reverse display. You should be able to piece together a clip normally and change that setting on the projector itself. If you have a model number I could see If I can find the option in the settings for you.

Post Thanks / Like

its an old guy dukane image pro 8020

Post Thanks / Like

In my quick google search I wasn't able to find that exact owners manual. One model the 8040 lists these options:

Front-Desktop
    The factory default setting.

Rear-Desktop
    When you select this function, the projector reverses the image so you can project behind a
    translucent screen.

Front-Ceiling
    When you select this function, the projector turns the image upside down for ceiling-mounted
    projection.

Rear-Ceiling
    When you select this function, the projector reverses and turns the image upside down at same time.
    You can project from behind a translucent screen with ceiling mounted projection

I'd look at the built in menus if it has them for something close to this.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree most projectors do allow you to reverse the image in the menu. If your's doesn't, I use mpegstreamclip a good bit. check it out here. There are many rotation options in the export window, one is to "flip" the image. Thats what you can use.
    Will C.

Post Thanks / Like

i have the manuel and did find rear screen thanx a lot for the tips now to make a video out of some text

Post Thanks / Like

Another quick and dirty option if your projector doesnt have that option is just to use a mirror. Place the projector the opposite direction as your screen and place a mirror to reflect it back to the screen. Simple.

Post Thanks / Like

A 90 degree mirror also works where the screen is low and the projector would make a shadow of itself. the advantage is the projection box and mirror can be much smaller as it can be placed directly in front of the lens at a 45 angle to project the beam 90 degrees to the screen. Any single mirror will reverese the image.