Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPixelStick Group Buy - E1.31 WiFi Pixel Controller kit

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: ESPixelStick Group Buy - E1.31 WiFi Pixel Controller kit

Thank you for the update! I'm not sure anyone has done a daily update before!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roterhead View Post
    Thank you for the update! I'm not sure anyone has done a daily update before!
    Thanks! I figured it would be best since the thread doesn't get much traffic due to the Google Forms I'm using for the orders. The form has made this soooo much easier to track. Everything just gets dumped in a spreadsheet, and I just added some columns to keep track of invoiced, paid, and ship status. Highly recommend checking it out for anyone doing GB's in the future.

Daily Update
    All orders as of this status update should be invoiced. If you haven't received an invoice or response from me by the time of this status, please let me know ASAP!.

Everything is still on track. I'm in the process of creating an ESP8266 specific pixel library to make it easier for adding clockless pixels in the future. Hoping to have it worked out this weekend. Once this is completed, I'll add GECE support which should be trivial at that point. A forum user has graciously sent me a few GECE pixels to test with, thanks for that!

STATUS - 10AM EST 8/21
    Total Participants: 29
    Total Kit Orders: 166

-shelby

Post Thanks / Like

Daily Update
    All orders as of this status update should be invoiced. If you haven't received an invoice or response from me by the time of this status, please let me know ASAP!.

Everything is still on track. I have a couple of people waiting to hear back from me on International shipping. I had hope to get back to you today, but just have been too busy. I will have you an answer tomorrow, promise!

STATUS - 830PM EST 8/22
    Total Participants: 32
    Total Kit Orders: 191

-shelby
    Last edited by sporadic; 08-23-2015 at 01:48 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Daily Update

Everything is still on track. Any questions should be followed up on. If not, please contact me!

I spent yesterday and this morning hashing out a different way to generate the pixel stream on the ESP8266 so that we don't have to rely on bit-banging. There are some benefits to come from this which I'm hoping to get into next week, but for right now it means I can start on GECE support. Not that GECE needed to be done differently, but there are future benefits to reap

STATUS - 130PM EST 8/23
    Total Participants: 35
    Total Kit Orders: 205

-shelby

5. Likes critic2 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Also wanted to note, the group buy wraps up at midnight, EST. I'll be placing board orders first thing tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Great news on the work toward GECE support. Thank you!

8. Thanks sporadic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Daily Update
    All orders as of this status update should be invoiced. The Group Buy is now CLOSED -- If you haven't received an invoice or response from me by now, please let me know ASAP!.

The order has been placed with the board house. Many components are already on their way and the rest will be ordered today. I will you posted throughout the week as things progress.

STATUS - 8AM EST 8/24
    Total Participants: 43
    Total Kit Orders: 269

-shelby

Post Thanks / Like

Update
    From here on out, I'll be doing periodic updates as things progress on the buy. Confirmation of the board orders was received yesterday and they are currently in manufacturing. All other parts are on their way as well. I'm in the progress of doing some firmware enhancements and adding GECE support. This past weekend, I worked out a new way to generate the WS2811 stream on the ESP8266 using the UART. This gets us away from having to bit-bang ws2811 which requires disabling interrupts which was causing issues with supporting higher universe counts. I've been testing the new code for a few days and its proving to be solid. It's a little early to say as I still have more testing to do, but what this means is the ESPixelStick may support 4 universes (single output) by the time you get them. I'm seeing 4 universes of data on my analyzer, I just don't have that many pixels readily available to test with. Working on that part.. No promises yet, but your single universe controllers may become four universe controllers

-shelby

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sporadic View Post
    Update
    No promises yet, but your single universe controllers may become four universe controllers

-shelby
    I'm floored. I was just looked for a way to handle some WS2811 based floods. Now its likely I'd be able to do much more than that.

Thank you, sir, for what you're doing.

Post Thanks / Like

Yup. These will be all over my yard driving 24V floods with Pixel Stick driving entire sections. I'm lovin' it!

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast