Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPixelStick Group Buy - E1.31 WiFi Pixel Controller kit

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: ESPixelStick Group Buy - E1.31 WiFi Pixel Controller kit

Got mine today. Now I need to add more elements. Oh and that means another power supply and more strips and...

Thanks for getting this together.

Martin

2017 adding 2 more candy canes, 7 Mid trees and a Halloween show. Removing most 2812 strips and replacing them with bullet pixel mounting strips. Replacing many buck converter waterproof bags with printed boxes.

2. Thanks sporadic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Got mine!!! Thank you!!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

4. Thanks sporadic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Removed by poster, went back and reinstalled everything. Problem resolved.
    Last edited by stampedeboss; 11-17-2015 at 03:07 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thought I had seen this addressed in some manner, but not finding it now... maybe on another forum?

Somehow, one of my sticks got set to the wrong subnet (192.168.9.104 instead of 192.168.0.104). I'm certain it wasn't user error...
    So... how can I get it completely reset? I re-uploaded the firmware, but those settings must be stored elsewhere - it's keeping the incorrect IP, as seen in the serial monitor.

Post Thanks / Like

I had the same issue and used my show router to be set to the subnet then made the changes necessary to set both of them back correctly.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a question. When I use GECE's with this the UI gives me a choice of RGB BRG etc, but it wont let me save it, plus according to my E682 the order for GECE's is BGR, which I don't see.

Nevermind Setting it to GECE works just fine.
    Last edited by scootchu; 11-19-2015 at 01:45 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blake_l View Post
    Thought I had seen this addressed in some manner, but not finding it now... maybe on another forum?

Somehow, one of my sticks got set to the wrong subnet (192.168.9.104 instead of 192.168.0.104). I'm certain it wasn't user error...
    So... how can I get it completely reset? I re-uploaded the firmware, but those settings must be stored elsewhere - it's keeping the incorrect IP, as seen in the serial monitor.
    Quote Originally Posted by stampedeboss View Post
    I had the same issue and used my show router to be set to the subnet then made the changes necessary to set both of them back correctly.
    I posted about it here - http://doityourselfchristmas.com/for...788#post397788. That should get it reset for you. That also reminds me that I was supposed to go back and check on static address issues (I use DHCP myself). Let me know if you have any issues with it.

Quote Originally Posted by scootchu View Post
    I have a question. When I use GECE's with this the UI gives me a choice of RGB BRG etc, but it wont let me save it, plus according to my E682 the order for GECE's is BGR, which I don't see.

Nevermind Setting it to GECE works just fine.
    Oh yeah, GECE ignores whatever the color order field is set to. It just expects normal RGB from your sequencer and will output in the correct GECE order.

Post Thanks / Like

Just as an FYI The next version of the firmware will allow you to get back into the Web interface after a bad configure just by unplugging you AP and power cycling the ESP module. It will come back in SoftAP mode with a hard set address and of 192.168.4.1

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    www.billporter.info
    2014 Christmas: 1 Channel; a new house and a crazy plan.
    2015 Halloween: 2500 Channels; 3 songs. Christmas: 4500 Channels; 6 songs. Custom Wifi Pixel/Renard Controllers
    2016 Halloween: 6500 Channels; 4 songs. Christmas: 11,000 Channels; 4 songs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by madsci1016 View Post
    Just as an FYI The next version of the firmware will allow you to get back into the Web interface after a bad configure just by unplugging you AP and power cycling the ESP module. It will come back in SoftAP mode with a hard set address and of 192.168.4.1
    Unless I'm misunderstanding this (entirely possible...) - wouldn't it be better to default back to DHCP? Otherwise, you'd still have to reconfigure a router to fix it.

Post Thanks / Like

Got Mine! Thanks. Quick question on the arduino configuration. When I add "http://arduino.esp8266.com/stable/package_esp8266com_index.json to the additional board URLS and go to Board Manager, it does not show up. I did notice that the new version of Arduino is 1.6.6. Do you only support 1.6.5? Or is there some other reason the board is not showing up in the lists to install?

UPDATE: I downgraded to 1.6.5 an it doesn't work either. I get a Downlaod
    Last edited by michaelc; 11-19-2015 at 06:13 PM. Reason: update
    Michael

New for 2016: Getting my ESPixel network to function, 4 HDPE Pixel Arches, Pixel matrix on tree trunks. PIXELS!!!
    FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/GothambeatProductions?fref=ts

Gotham Beat Productions LLC

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast