Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I need input about using fake trees for minis

Post Thanks / Like

Default I need input about using fake trees for minis

Hey guys. My mini tree idea fell through. I'm in a but of a panic trying to figure out what to do. I made all of my sequences to accommodate 8 mini trees with 50 to 60 rbg nodes each. I had originally planned to use tomato cages and wrap the rgb nodes around then, but they look terrible. I was thinking about buying some white, fake trees. Maybe 2ft to 3ft tall. I'm afraid they won't last long outside seeing as they are made for indoor use only. I was watching some sequences where people used white trees with rgb nodes and I love the look of the "glowing" tree. I live in central Illinois and am afraid they won't last long. What do to guys think?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I need input about using fake trees for minis

I was thinking about something like this

http://www.christmascentral.com/p-36...ree-unlit.aspx

Post Thanks / Like

Why not buy the medium mini trees from Boscoyo studios. I use them as a 180 tree with 50 nodes for the tree and 10 in the star.
    Jim Nealand
    Kennesaw, Ga

4. Likes bullets liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I use the Walmart artificial trees for last 3 years. I have them out from Dec 1 to Jan 2 and they have lasted. I like them. They look nice during the day. I used to use tomato cages and switched for same reason as you.

Post Thanks / Like

Dpitts, what kind of weather do you have? Last year my props were covered in ice when I brought them in so...

Post Thanks / Like

I also use the 6' Wal-mart trees. I cut the base off of them and just slip them over rebar. Easy and no problems with wind knocking them over. Picked them up for $7.50 each two years ago, retail was $49.00. They look like evergreens growing in the yard.

Attached Images Attached Images
    [COLOR=#008000]2016 - 5th. year - Over 18,000 channels E1.31 including 350 Channels Renard, Video Projection - XL/NC - On Falcon Player, up to four megatrees.
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#008000]2017 - 6th. year - Moved display to a public park, Over 45,000 E1.31 channels, down to 100 Channels of serial Renard - XLights running on Falcon Player on a raspberry PI.[/COLOR][COLOR=#008000]
    2018 - 7th, year - Still at Shawnee Park, over 52,000 E1.31 channels, down to 96 channels of Renard - [/COLOR][COLOR=#008000]XLights running on Falcon Player on a raspberry PI.
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#008000]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [/COLOR]
    Randy: X[URL="http://www.xenialights.com/"]enialights[/URL] on [URL="https://www.facebook.com/pages/XeniaLights/420036314711206"]Facebook[/URL]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mberta2 View Post
    Dpitts, what kind of weather do you have? Last year my props were covered in ice when I brought them in so...

I live in Colorado Springs at 7000ft elevation. Rarely get ice though and the snow is super dry. But many times I need to dig out the mini trees because they are buried in 1-2 feet of snow.

Post Thanks / Like

If have some V1 strips from James, was planning on wrapping 54" tomato cages with them. I have more than enough V1 strips I'd give u a deal on. When I tested them, they were nice and straight. PM if you wanna work something out.
    2012: 24 channels with 1 Renardss24 * 2013: 48 channels with 2 Renardss24's * 2014: Took the year off * 2015: Life Got in the Way
    2016: 1000 Channels for Halloween, mix of A/C, RGB, Pixels. Christmas over 17 universes, all Pixels, oh boy...

Post Thanks / Like

I have a ton of mounting strips from holidaycoro. I ordered 75-94" sections when i was building my pixel tree. I knew they went fast so i bought like 3x more than i needed.I thought about using them but I'm not sure how I would do it. I am interested in the 180 trees from boscoyo. Anyone have pics of them?

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Xenia View Post
    I also use the 6' Wal-mart trees. I cut the base off of them and just slip them over rebar. Easy and no problems with wind knocking them over. Picked them up for $7.50 each two years ago, retail was $49.00. They look like evergreens growing in the yard.

Xenia, where's the snow? Are you setup for this year already?
    Chuck P
    nothing to show

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast