Page 94 of 95 FirstFirst ... 448492939495 LastLast

Thread: ESPixelStick - E1.31 WiFi Pixel Controller

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: ESPixelStick - E1.31 WiFi Pixel Controller

Quote Originally Posted by Little_b View Post
    but when I hit save, nothing happens. I also can't get the testing part to work either.
    I have same issue with Firefox browser on Win7-64.
    On android Firefox all works great!
    If somebody have troubles with setup controller in browser - just try to use another browser (may be on another operating system)

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,
    I need to connect about 50 espixelsticks to a PI3 running Falcon Player.
    I want to use a UNIFI wireless router; the PI3 will be wired connected to it.
    The maximum distance from the router to the espixelsticks is about 25m (about 82ft) in open space.
    The espixelsticks will run as DMX512 receivers.
    It will be only one DMX512 univers, each espixelstick will output the same DMX512 univers;
    The espixelstick output will send dmx data to a PIC micro wich will decode the data and uses 3 channels.
    This selection will be made from the espixelstick's web settings :
    for the first espixelstick : start channel = 1, channel count = 150,
    for the second espixelstick : start channel = 2, channel count = 150, etc.
    The first PIC micro will use the channels 1, 51 and 101, the second PIC micro will uses channels 2, 52, 102 ... 50, 100, 150.
    I have setup the espixelsticks working in multicast mode.
    I have tested with 3 espixelsticks connected to the router and I have lags after 3-4min of correct working.
    Pls advise if my project is posible to make and how can I eliminate the lags.
    thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

---
    Last edited by qawsed55; 06-16-2018 at 05:39 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Any ideas when any more of these bad boys will be available for purchase?

5. Likes tecnageek liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

These things are like potato chips. Can't have only one! Every time they are available I try to grab a couple, even if my current spending budget is not allowing for the extra expense. Other things can wait.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tecnageek View Post
    These things are like potato chips. Can't have only one! Every time they are available I try to grab a couple, even if my current spending budget is not allowing for the extra expense. Other things can wait.
    I bet that's true. I bought a few of the first version a couple years ago and didn't get to utilize them in my display (one I let the smoke out and the other two got lost when I was ready to use them the next year).

Post Thanks / Like

Hello!
    Is there any way to process input data with ESPixelStick?

I have found one interesting project. It is not simple, and it use Glediator software to generate light animations and process input data from IR.
    It works by this princip: (patched) Glediator generates signal with one of its processor1. Another processor "multipling" to zero this generated signal (like multipling layers mode in Photoshop sofware). This multiplied signals output to leds.
    When input data comes for example from cell #3- Glediator disables mulipling to cell#3 and output data to cell #3 become not black, but colored by Glediator processor1
    I think, if there any chance to process input signals with ESPixelStick - project would be more universal. We can use any LED software to generate animations and make output to E1.31. Then make output to leds with "patched" ESPixelStick )
    If somebody can help, please tell where it is better to put input data processing procedures in ESPixelStick?
    I'm not very good programist, but I want to try )
    Sorry for pore English.

Post Thanks / Like

laurtib, I'm not sure that trouble here, but as I remember, ESP WiFi driver works with errors, when WiFi work in one direction. I don't know - it there this bug in espixelsticks firmware.
    Try to ping your ESP periodically. Nice pinger with optional ping interval period is cnping

Post Thanks / Like

To be honest, I am not sure what problem you are trying to solve. As a controller, Converting E1.31 data to pixel data is a pretty generic operation. Glediator knows how to send data to the ESPixelStick. From the Glediator features page:

• any light installation that receives ArtNet data

For all practical purposes, ArtNet is E1.31. So glediator can send data directly to the pixel stick.

Also, since glediator is written in Java, it can run on a raspberry PI. You can use the PI to run your glediator show.

2018 - Moving and going to visit my Daughter in New Zealand. Most likely I will be dark or nearly dark, Some static stuff that is simple to put up.

11. Thanks qawsed55 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Martin, of course - Glediator can send.
    Author of project, that I posted earlier - makes patches to Glediator and he able to processing input data.
    If there will be ability to "teach" ESPPixelStick to process input data - realizing of some project like that - will be more universal. We will be able to use not only Glediator, but ANY software, that able to send something, that ESPPixelStick understand.
    For example: We have 20 universes for trees, lines etc. And we make additional universe that processing by ESPPixelStick, that able to process input data. This universe patched to lighting road to house. We want to make next: if somebody walks to house - lights are ON. Lights lighting on places, where somebody walk (synchronically to walking) (sorry for pore English).
    It is not so hard to realize, and it will bring interactivity to shows.
    Vixen will generate signal for all universes, but last universe will be "multiplied to zero" on places, where no input activity on ESPPixelStick.

If ESPPixelStick would be able to make this - we can play show with FPP or any other controller/software. All magic would be happening on last step side.
    PixelStick not need make hard calculations. It will receive ready data from another controller, that would send what LEDs need stop to multiplying to zero (what leds to show). I'm not shure, but it may be RS485 or something like that. All other leds it will make black, if input mode will be "on".
    Sorry for terrible text, but I hope you can understand.
    Sorry for pore English one more time )
    Last edited by qawsed55; 09-30-2018 at 01:42 PM.

Page 94 of 95 FirstFirst ... 448492939495 LastLast