Page 93 of 94 FirstFirst ... 438391929394 LastLast

Thread: ESPixelStick - E1.31 WiFi Pixel Controller

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: ESPixelStick - E1.31 WiFi Pixel Controller

it's usually the buck converter chip. Some here have said they've successfully replaced it. But i have no idea how. It's that tiny chip. I can't even see the pads on it not to mention solder them.

Post Thanks / Like

It is also hard not to damage the nearby components when taking that chip off. Plus there's no guarantee it will fit your problem.
    That's the rub with smd based items. Lots of functionality in a small package, but a bear to fix sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by jchuchla View Post
    it's usually the buck converter chip. Some here have said they've successfully replaced it. But i have no idea how. It's that tiny chip. I can't even see the pads on it not to mention solder them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukewarrior View Post
    Cry, live and learn....

Can you tell what died? Did you blow one of the capacitors? did you have the ESP module installed at the time?These are very voltage sensitive.
    The ESP was installed. I feel like the smoke came from the stick and not the ESP. Lesson learned.

Sent from my pocket using Tapatalk
    [B][SIZE=3]2013 - First year[/SIZE][/B]
    ~2,500 Lights, 8 mini-trees (1 RenardSS24, 22 Channels) Using Vixen 3.0.10

[B][SIZE=3]2014 Goals/Additions:[/SIZE][/B]
    10' spiral tree controlled with 2 RenardSS24 (16 strands, 3 colors on each strand)
    Learn/play with RBG Pixels (potential RBG star for spiral tree)
    Learn/play with wireless/pixels to use with my other hobby, theatre.

Post Thanks / Like

They Will be in stock on amazon 4/11. pre-ordered mine already....lol
    Please check out: http://animalaidusa.org/ Adopt a furry friend and save two life's.
    The one you adopt and the one you just made room for in the shelter!
    Like Us On Facebook @ Madison Avenue Lights

Post Thanks / Like

I have read through all the threads on the ESPixelstick controllers and I have been playing around trying to get these to work, but have hit a road block, or maybe I just missed something. I have downloaded firmware 3.0 from Github, and ran the ESPSFlashTool program with success. I get an assigned IP address and I can access the web browser for it. If I understand correctly, from there I can use the tabs to setup the controller with a static IP, and Universe assignments, but when I hit save, nothing happens. I also can't get the testing part to work either.

Post Thanks / Like

Will there be a kit version for those of us who prefer an excuse to solder something together?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Little_b View Post
    I have read through all the threads on the ESPixelstick controllers and I have been playing around trying to get these to work, but have hit a road block, or maybe I just missed something. I have downloaded firmware 3.0 from Github, and ran the ESPSFlashTool program with success. I get an assigned IP address and I can access the web browser for it. If I understand correctly, from there I can use the tabs to setup the controller with a static IP, and Universe assignments, but when I hit save, nothing happens. I also can't get the testing part to work either.
    Might be related to your OS and browser. had something similar running an old version of Windows 7 with Firefox. Tried on another computer with Windows 10 and Explorer and it worked. I remember previous posts on similar issues. I'll have to see if I can find them. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

If you want DIY, you should look at the pixel pops controllers.
    Same software as the ESPixelSticks.
    wiki info: http://www.doityourselfchristmas.com...6_ESPixel_Pops
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanwanderlust View Post
    Will there be a kit version for those of us who prefer an excuse to solder something together?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -bernard- View Post
    Might be related to your OS and browser. had something similar running an old version of Windows 7 with Firefox. Tried on another computer with Windows 10 and Explorer and it worked. I remember previous posts on similar issues. I'll have to see if I can find them. Good luck!
    This was the trick. It didn't like Internet Explorer, but worked with Microsoft Edge. Thanks for your help.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Little_b View Post
    This was the trick. It didn't like Internet Explorer, but worked with Microsoft Edge. Thanks for your help.
    Good news!
    I did not find the post I was looking for but it seems you are good to go. The ESPixelStick is a great little controller and I hope you will appreciate it as much as I do.

Page 93 of 94 FirstFirst ... 438391929394 LastLast