Page 44 of 94 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPixelStick - E1.31 WiFi Pixel Controller

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: ESPixelStick - E1.31 WiFi Pixel Controller

For those that use a bunch of these in your displays... How are you handling power? One PSU to multiple ESPixelSticks?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheLost View Post
    For those that use a bunch of these in your displays... How are you handling power? One PSU to multiple ESPixelSticks?
    Yes, but smaller PS at multiple locations. I also use some small 2.5A 120V-5V dedicated PS. They fit nicely in 2" PVC conduit with the ESPixelStick.
    In Lights Therapy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheLost View Post
    I used 21 of these last year. I had one with some power output issue that didn't work, so I'm buying a few more for backup. Talking with Shelby, he thinks that 20 is about the max depending on your access point capabilities and how many wireless devices it can handle. I actually ran them on my home network with my laptops/ several cellphones/ etc inside a concrete block house. With little to no problems.

For power- basically, it was power supply to distribution board and power wire to ESPixelSticks. For smaller things. It was extension cord to small power supply to ESPixelSticks. I thought it made the wiring extremely easy, like you would run power for your incandescents. No data wires. ... so here's a few pics thrown together to show wiring... no remember, each one can control 4 universes 680 pixels... the most I had on one was 300.

400 watt power... to distribution board to ESPixelSticks to props....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Running (3) E682's (1) Falcon F16v3 (1) Falcon pi-cap (20) ESPixelSticks - 8000 Pixels - Vixen - Falcon Pi Player - http://www.facebook.com/GainesvilleXmasLights

4. Thanks TheLost thanked for this post
    Likes TheLost, zaker liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrGrumpy View Post
    I also use some small 2.5A 120V-5V dedicated PS. They fit nicely in 2" PVC conduit with the ESPixelStick.
    small PS in PVC pipe? exactly what I wanted to do. Do you have a link for the PS you used?

6. Likes pmcpa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -bernard- View Post
    small PS in PVC pipe? exactly what I wanted to do. Do you have a link for the PS you used?
    I would also like to see this.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

(1)Falcon PI Player (Running the show)
    (1)E682
    (1)Renard SS24
    (1)E1.31 Bridge
    (1)EDM-LCD-CS-EP
    (20)P10 Panels
    (12)ESPixel Sticks (shelby aka sporadic)

WIKI
    Become A Supporting Member

Xlights
    Falcon Christmas

Post Thanks / Like

I thirdly would like to see what power supplies you found that will fit in PVC tube. Quite a demand here, it looks like you may be onto something good!

On this note, it looks like you used some purple primer & PVC glue on the end caps. Did you find this absolutely necessary for moisture proofing, or would a friction/slip fit suffice? What are your thoughts on some silicone sealer or hot glue around the *outside* of the joint so as to still make it accessable should you ever need to get in there?

Yes, but smaller PS at multiple locations. I also use some small 2.5A 120V-5V dedicated PS. They fit nicely in 2" PVC conduit with the ESPixelStick.

Post Thanks / Like

Another interested one here. Would love to have a power supply that fits inside a 2" PVC.
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -bernard- View Post
    Here you go.....

These are salvaged units. You will need to remove the cut off leads and replace with your own.
    They are cheap and clean up nicely.
    Picture of one I just finished cleaning.

They have in 12V too. Gotta order a few of those myself. I like the 3000MA design best.

2_5A-12v.jpg

5V Sample ebay items
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/142168265195...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT <<== On Holiday til 1/31/2007

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/AC-DC-5V-2-5A...YAAOSwAPlXh1W-
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/1PC-AC-DC-5-...a1-eYJkYj-V80A

12V sample ebay items
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/AC-DC-12V-Sw...S9_RpdWJXpLXzA

May want to buy some of this larger size heat srink . . . but don't shrink on too tight
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/PVC-Heat-Shr...-WiuXjkUVfYHdw

One last work. Many sellers are on Chinese Holiday til 1/31 or some til 2/6

IMPORTANT....One more thing. When you build, do not enter or exit the 120V end with your low voltage. 120V in one side and LV out the other.
    Do not cross 120V with 12V leads within the pipe.
    Last edited by mrGrumpy; 01-21-2017 at 07:26 PM.
    In Lights Therapy

11. Thanks Kev7274 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. May have to try a few 12v 3000MA versions out.
    I believe one 3000mA version would run one string,right?
    Last edited by Kev7274; 01-21-2017 at 08:08 PM.

(1)Falcon PI Player (Running the show)
    (1)E682
    (1)Renard SS24
    (1)E1.31 Bridge
    (1)EDM-LCD-CS-EP
    (20)P10 Panels
    (12)ESPixel Sticks (shelby aka sporadic)

WIKI
    Become A Supporting Member

Xlights
    Falcon Christmas

Post Thanks / Like

Default ESPixelStick - E1.31 WiFi Pixel Controller

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobysnacks View Post
    On this note, it looks like you used some purple primer & PVC glue on the end caps. Did you find this absolutely necessary for moisture proofing, or would a friction/slip fit suffice? What are your thoughts on some silicone sealer or hot glue around the *outside* of the joint so as to still make it accessable should you ever need to get in there?
    I used the pvc glue on the one (lower) end (just cause I had some laying around) I didn't use any glue on the end cap with the ESPixelSticks attached - that cap (upper) - I drilled two holes for my pigtails - one (in) for the power wire and one (out) to pixels. Then I hot glued on the inside and outside around the wires... attached wires to the header plug - so ESPixelSticks are removable if the need arises.

So with these hanging outside the rain hits the top wires runs off past the unglued joint and hits the lower glued joint - I didn't want water seeping in from the lower end cap. Friction holds on the top cap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Running (3) E682's (1) Falcon F16v3 (1) Falcon pi-cap (20) ESPixelSticks - 8000 Pixels - Vixen - Falcon Pi Player - http://www.facebook.com/GainesvilleXmasLights

Page 44 of 94 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast