Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 488

Thread: ESPixelStick - E1.31 WiFi Pixel Controller

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    819
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: ESPixelStick - E1.31 WiFi Pixel Controller

    Quote Originally Posted by AuburnLights View Post
    Would you consider offering this using an ESP8266-07? The ESP-07 supports both an onboard ceramic as well as external antenna which is the main reason I ask. I'd like to have the option to mount this in a housing using an external antenna for better range (think Neighbor's house across the street using the same sequence as my house). I'd even send you one via Amazon to give it a shot.
    There's no room on the current board to support the footprint required for an ESP-07, so it would require a complete redo of the layout. I think you may be pleased with the range of an ESP-01 and a decent access point. I was able to get 400' out from my house using a $20 TP-Link TL-WR841N access point running OpenWRT in my garage. If you need to reach out really far, I'd look into something like a Ubiquiti NanoStation locoM2 to mount outside. If you still need an external antenna on an ESP-01, you can hack the printed one off and solder an SMA connector on like these guys below did. Thanks for the offer on the GECE's, I'll hit you up.
    -shelby


  2. Thanks AuburnLights thanked for this post
  3. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Coarsegold, California
    Posts
    43
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: ESPixelStick - E1.31 WiFi Pixel Controller

    Looks great I would be in for a few of them. Would prefer Euros.

    -Shane
    2 x Ren24HC, 3 x SS24 - Random elements (Candy Canes, Presents, Deer, Icicle lights, etc...)
    1 x E682 - Pixabulbs, RGB modules, 10W floods
    1 x F16v2 - 16 Foot 2000 node megaTree, 7 arches, more 10W floods
    1 x DIYLED Bridge with 3 pixel extenders, spiral trees, custom wooden tree
    2015 Second year - So much work yet to be done...

  4. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    189
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: ESPixelStick - E1.31 WiFi Pixel Controller

    Quote Originally Posted by sporadic View Post
    There's no room on the current board to support the footprint required for an ESP-07, so it would require a complete redo of the layout. I think you may be pleased with the range of an ESP-01 and a decent access point. I was able to get 400' out from my house using a $20 TP-Link TL-WR841N access point running OpenWRT in my garage. If you need to reach out really far, I'd look into something like a Ubiquiti NanoStation locoM2 to mount outside. If you still need an external antenna on an ESP-01, you can hack the printed one off and solder an SMA connector on like these guys below did. Thanks for the offer on the GECE's, I'll hit you up.
    -shelby
    I figured by the layout of the board there was no room, I just wasn't sure if you had finalized your design. Maybe with ESPixelStick V2 . Anyway, you make some very good points and I appreciate the feedback. I had already read about cutting the traces and a couple of capacitors and adding an antenna, but I'm not sure how balanced that would be. Nothing that a little engineering can't take care of though. Also, thanks for the heads up on the NanoStation, cool stuff, I just have to take into account that it's directional instead of omni-directional, but I can always add another if I needed to.
    GECE's will be in the mail tomorrow.
    Thanks Again!
    -Tony

  5. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    819
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: ESPixelStick - E1.31 WiFi Pixel Controller

    Quote Originally Posted by AuburnLights View Post
    I figured by the layout of the board there was no room, I just wasn't sure if you had finalized your design. Maybe with ESPixelStick V2 . Anyway, you make some very good points and I appreciate the feedback. I had already read about cutting the traces and a couple of capacitors and adding an antenna, but I'm not sure how balanced that would be. Nothing that a little engineering can't take care of though. Also, thanks for the heads up on the NanoStation, cool stuff, I just have to take into account that it's directional instead of omni-directional, but I can always add another if I needed to.
    GECE's will be in the mail tomorrow.
    Thanks Again!
    -Tony
    Thanks! I'll start looking into the GECE protocol. Should have the group buy thread ready later today as well.
    -shelby

  6. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Novi, MI
    Posts
    269
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: ESPixelStick - E1.31 WiFi Pixel Controller

    Count me in for 5. These are perfect for what I need them for. I'll look for the GB thread when its out.

  7. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    North Richland Hills TX
    Posts
    511
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: ESPixelStick - E1.31 WiFi Pixel Controller

    Where would you like issues discussed? I am getting the error below whenever I attempt to go to the web page.


    ESPixelStick v1.2
    - Configuration loaded.

    Connecting to TomorrowLand.............
    Connected DHCP with IP: 192.168.9.88
    - Unicast port: 5568
    - Web Server started on port 80
    - Listening for 510 channels, from Universe 1 to 1

    Exception (3):
    epc1=0x4000bf64 epc2=0x00000000 epc3=0x00000000 excvaddr=0x40245e2d depc=0x00000000

    ctx: cont
    sp: 3ffebd90 end: 3ffec030 offset: 01a0

    >>>stack>>>
    3ffebf30: 00000000 3fffdc20 3ffe9e68 40203442
    3ffebf40: 00000000 00000000 00000000 ffdfffff
    3ffebf50: 3fff5a68 00000000 00000000 40207ede
    3ffebf60: 00000000 00000000 3ffe9e68 40207d45
    3ffebf70: 00000001 3fff6c30 00000003 00000003
    3ffebf80: 3fff67d0 0000000e 0000000e 40206f79
    3ffebf90: 3ffe93f0 00000000 000003e8 4020b818
    3ffebfa0: 00000000 3fff6ca0 3ffebfd3 3ffec05c
    3ffebfb0: 3fffdc20 000003e9 3ffe9e68 40207e35
    3ffebfc0: 3ffe93f0 00000000 000003e8 00002db3
    3ffebfd0: 3ffe9e80 3fff6ca0 3fff5e28 40206967
    3ffebfe0: 3fffdc20 00000000 3ffec054 40204c7e
    3ffebff0: 00000000 00000000 00000016 40102055
    3ffec000: 40201819 00000000 00000000 3ffec05c
    3ffec010: 3fffdc20 00000000 3ffec054 40201876
    3ffec020: 00000000 00000000 3ffeb010 4010045c
    <<<stack<<<

    ets Jan 8 2013,rst cause:2, boot mode3,6)

    load 0x4010f000, len 1264, room 16
    tail 0
    chksum 0x42
    csum 0x42
    ~ld

    ESPixelStick v1.2
    - Configuration loaded.

    Connecting to TomorrowLand...........
    Connected DHCP with IP: 192.168.9.88
    - Unicast port: 5568
    - Web Server started on port 80
    - Listening for 510 channels, from Universe 1 to 1

  8. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    819
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: ESPixelStick - E1.31 WiFi Pixel Controller

    Quote Originally Posted by stampedeboss View Post
    Where would you like issues discussed? I am getting the error below whenever I attempt to go to the web page.


    ESPixelStick v1.2
    - Configuration loaded.

    Connecting to TomorrowLand.............
    Connected DHCP with IP: 192.168.9.88
    - Unicast port: 5568
    - Web Server started on port 80
    - Listening for 510 channels, from Universe 1 to 1

    Exception (3):
    epc1=0x4000bf64 epc2=0x00000000 epc3=0x00000000 excvaddr=0x40245e2d depc=0x00000000

    ctx: cont
    sp: 3ffebd90 end: 3ffec030 offset: 01a0

    >>>stack>>>
    3ffebf30: 00000000 3fffdc20 3ffe9e68 40203442
    3ffebf40: 00000000 00000000 00000000 ffdfffff
    3ffebf50: 3fff5a68 00000000 00000000 40207ede
    3ffebf60: 00000000 00000000 3ffe9e68 40207d45
    3ffebf70: 00000001 3fff6c30 00000003 00000003
    3ffebf80: 3fff67d0 0000000e 0000000e 40206f79
    3ffebf90: 3ffe93f0 00000000 000003e8 4020b818
    3ffebfa0: 00000000 3fff6ca0 3ffebfd3 3ffec05c
    3ffebfb0: 3fffdc20 000003e9 3ffe9e68 40207e35
    3ffebfc0: 3ffe93f0 00000000 000003e8 00002db3
    3ffebfd0: 3ffe9e80 3fff6ca0 3fff5e28 40206967
    3ffebfe0: 3fffdc20 00000000 3ffec054 40204c7e
    3ffebff0: 00000000 00000000 00000016 40102055
    3ffec000: 40201819 00000000 00000000 3ffec05c
    3ffec010: 3fffdc20 00000000 3ffec054 40201876
    3ffec020: 00000000 00000000 3ffeb010 4010045c
    <<<stack<<<

    ets Jan 8 2013,rst cause:2, boot mode3,6)

    load 0x4010f000, len 1264, room 16
    tail 0
    chksum 0x42
    csum 0x42
    ~ld

    ESPixelStick v1.2
    - Configuration loaded.

    Connecting to TomorrowLand...........
    Connected DHCP with IP: 192.168.9.88
    - Unicast port: 5568
    - Web Server started on port 80
    - Listening for 510 channels, from Universe 1 to 1
    Any of the threads are fine. I'm entering them as issues in the github repo as well so I can track them. Or you can submit there as well. I don't have this one in yet, but there's discussion on it here - http://diychristmas.org/vb1/showthre...ll=1#post55769. Looks like a discrepancy between the Windows and Linux/Mac toolchains.

  9. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    North Richland Hills TX
    Posts
    511
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: ESPixelStick - E1.31 WiFi Pixel Controller

    Updated with the current version from GIT, now all's I get is the following on both of the units:

    Sketch uses 332,676 bytes (76%) of program storage space. Maximum is 434,160 bytes.
    Global variables use 54,440 bytes (66%) of dynamic memory, leaving 27,480 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 81,920 bytes.
    /home/aj/.arduino15/packages/esp8266/tools/esptool/0.4.5/esptool -vv -cd ck -cb 115200 -cp /dev/ttyUSB0 -ca 0x00000 -cf /tmp/build2909744127847050761.tmp/ESPixelStick.cpp.bin
    esptool v0.4.5 - (c) 2014 Ch. Klippel <ck@atelier-klippel.de>
    setting board to ck
    setting baudrate from 115200 to 115200
    setting port from /dev/ttyUSB0 to /dev/ttyUSB0
    setting address from 0x00000000 to 0x00000000
    espcomm_upload_file
    stat /tmp/build2909744127847050761.tmp/ESPixelStick.cpp.bin success
    opening port /dev/ttyUSB0 at 115200
    tcgetattr
    tcsetattr
    serial open
    opening bootloader
    resetting board
    trying to connect
    setting character timeout 0
    done
    setting character timeout 1
    done
    espcomm_send_command: sending command header
    espcomm_send_command: sending command payload
    trying to connect
    setting character timeout 0
    done
    setting character timeout 1
    done
    espcomm_send_command: sending command header
    espcomm_send_command: sending command payload
    trying to connect
    setting character timeout 0
    done
    setting character timeout 1
    done
    espcomm_send_command: sending command header
    espcomm_send_command: sending command payload
    resetting board
    trying to connect
    setting character timeout 0
    done
    setting character timeout 1
    done
    espcomm_send_command: sending command header
    espcomm_send_command: sending command payload
    trying to connect
    setting character timeout 0
    done
    setting character timeout 1
    done
    espcomm_send_command: sending command header
    espcomm_send_command: sending command payload
    trying to connect
    setting character timeout 0
    done
    setting character timeout 1
    done
    espcomm_send_command: sending command header
    espcomm_send_command: sending command payload
    resetting board
    trying to connect
    setting character timeout 0
    done
    setting character timeout 1
    done
    espcomm_send_command: sending command header
    espcomm_send_command: sending command payload
    trying to connect
    setting character timeout 0
    done
    setting character timeout 1
    done
    espcomm_send_command: sending command header
    espcomm_send_command: sending command payload
    trying to connect
    setting character timeout 0
    done
    setting character timeout 1
    done
    espcomm_send_command: sending command header
    espcomm_send_command: sending command payload
    warning: espcomm_sync failed
    error: espcomm_open failed

  10. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Hudson MA
    Posts
    1,667
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: ESPixelStick - E1.31 WiFi Pixel Controller

    Did you remember to put it into programming mode?

    2017 adding 2 more candy canes, 7 Mid trees and a Halloween show. Removing most 2812 strips and replacing them with bullet pixel mounting strips. Replacing many buck converter waterproof bags with printed boxes.

  11. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    North Richland Hills TX
    Posts
    511
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: ESPixelStick - E1.31 WiFi Pixel Controller

    Yep

Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •