Page 40 of 83 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPixelStick - E1.31 WiFi Pixel Controller

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: ESPixelStick - E1.31 WiFi Pixel Controller

Any possibility of a wired version? I love them but I'd rather have all my controllers hard wired to avoid troubleshooting wireless issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gymgeek View Post
    Any possibility of a wired version? I love them but I'd rather have all my controllers hard wired to avoid troubleshooting wireless issues.
    Probably not.. The little ESP8266 wifi board is doing all the heavy lifting for this controller. Everything else on the 'stick' is just handling power. You'd have to add a true ethernet controller to the board which would bump up cost and size (technically the ESP8266 has some wired ethernet functionality built in.. but its ugly and not complete)

Its actually kind of amazing what the little $3 ESP8266 can do

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sporadic View Post
    I had originally planned to have it running by this week, but still have to get some numbers from the board house. Plan on one starting by the end of the month and running for a couple of weeks.
    thanks,
    -shelby
    Hi,

I'm new to the hobby and it seems that the ESPixelStick fits the bill for what I would like to do. Since I'm so new it seems that the Group Buy rules (member for at least a year) prevent me from participating. How would I be able to purchase some ESPixelSticks?

Post Thanks / Like

You need to be a supporting member to participate in the group buy's see http://doityourselfchristmas.com/for...r-subscription

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by neilric99 View Post
    You need to be a supporting member to participate in the group buy's see http://doityourselfchristmas.com/for...r-subscription
    I saw that requirement as well, I would gladly pay the subscription to help support the site. It was just the being a member for at least one year requirement that had me bothered.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought the member for a year part was to run a group buy, not just to participate in one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jchuchla View Post
    I thought the member for a year part was to run a group buy, not just to participate in one.
    Yes you're right. I just re-read the rules.

Post Thanks / Like

When is the next group buy happening? The forkineye website says they will be available early 2016... well it's early 2017 now...
    2012: 24 channels with 1 Renardss24 * 2013: 48 channels with 2 Renardss24's * 2014: Took the year off * 2015: Life Got in the Way
    2016: 1000 Channels for Halloween, mix of A/C, RGB, Pixels. Christmas over 17 universes, all Pixels, oh boy...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4586shaggy View Post
    When is the next group buy happening? The forkineye website says they will be available early 2016... well it's early 2017 now...
    Read post 389 of this thread.....gb later this month

Last edited by mrGrumpy; 01-13-2017 at 09:09 AM.
    In Lights Therapy...

Post Thanks / Like

Is there a wiki or something on this so I can learn more? I'm thinking this might be something I can use.

Here's what I'm thinking I want to do. I don't really have a need for this in my show but I'm thinking I can use these around the house for various lighting; fish tank lights, under cabinet lights, mood lighting, etc. I have a bunch of 2811 pixel strips that will not be going back in my Christmas show but they can be used for this application.

Since there won't be any sequencing involved, just constant colors, maybe very mild effects for the fish tank, could I include these on my home network or is it best to have a separate network? Could I run several of these from a RasPi running FPP? I'm just jumping into FPP and will be using it for my show this year. Getting to play around with it before had would be nice. Am I missing anything?

Page 40 of 83 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast