Page 39 of 54 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPixelStick - E1.31 WiFi Pixel Controller

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: ESPixelStick - E1.31 WiFi Pixel Controller

I thought I read in the group buy main post it supported 4 universes? Is that old information and the # has been refined through further testing?

Quote Originally Posted by sporadic View Post
    A) It mounts at a right angle so I'm hoping it'll clear. I'm still waiting on the connectors I ordered to show up and will do a fitment test when I get them. There a little odd at 3.96 pitch, but keeps it open to use the wafers or euros.

B) The firmware currently only supports a single universe, but I'm pretty confident it could support two if required. I've tested 4 universe before, but its a little sketchy and you get some resets. I'll try dragging some more lights out this week and see what I can do.

C) I don't have any GECE stuff in the firmware or lights to test with. It's just WS2811 for now, but I could look at adding it if someone wanted to send me a light or two.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gocats7 View Post
    I thought I read in the group buy main post it supported 4 universes? Is that old information and the # has been refined through further testing?
    Correct, that's old information. The current firmware supports 4 universes without issue. My test matrix is actually a little over that at 720 pixels:

3. Thanks gocats7 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sporadic View Post
    I plan on starting one soon, probably this week.
    I was going to do an OSHPark order... but if your doing a group buy i'll wait

Post Thanks / Like

How hard would it be to modify the code to support just one E1.31 channel such as a Sonoff? I really like the idea of a $6 WiFi, completely self-contained, ON/OFF string controller.

EDIT: IMO, this should only take a few lines of well placed code...
    Last edited by oceanwanderlust; 01-06-2017 at 10:14 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi friends,

The Pixel driver works great,

If I wanted to use it as DMX 512 ...

Is there a way to use Espixel Sitick 1 universe DMX 512?

Also,

Latest update 2.1? Any new updates?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oceanwanderlust View Post
    How hard would it be to modify the code to support just one E1.31 channel such as a Sonoff? I really like the idea of a $6 WiFi, completely self-contained, ON/OFF string controller.

EDIT: IMO, this should only take a few lines of well placed code...
    Should be fairly easy, I don't have one to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by cengiz View Post
    Hi friends,

The Pixel driver works great,

If I wanted to use it as DMX 512 ...

Is there a way to use Espixel Sitick 1 universe DMX 512?

Also,

Latest update 2.1? Any new updates?

Thanks
    Thanks! Yes, you just need to feed the output through a RS485 transceiver. I've written up a quick howto on it here - http://diychristmas.org/vb1/showthre...RS485-DMX-Hack. As for the firmware, I haven't had much time to work on it since Halloween started. Things have settled down so there will be some updates coming soon.
    Last edited by sporadic; 01-07-2017 at 10:02 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to the next group buy - These really saved my show this past season. I ran about 20+ ESPixelsticks (5) version 1.0 and about (16) V2.0 - I think i burnt up 2 or 3 and one had a voltage drop insufficient to run the pixels.

I had an e682 give out the day I went to set up- so I started plugging these in and everything worked great. I had them on my roof, my mega star, all over my house and yard, pretty much everything except my mega tree. Thanks for developing these! 2,000 plus pixels on the wireless props.

So - I was curious if people are running a bunch - when are they seeing problems with lagging or overloading a wireless network? I tried to add a Ubiquiti nano station outside, but I ended up being so confused/frustrated by it. -- I ended up getting a more powerful AC router in my living room (i live in a concrete block house) and my yard is about an acre. My roof on my house and my in-law suite is about a 150 feet long..... Again everything worked pretty flawlessly.

My question is - Can I add MORE!!! What in your experience is the breaking point of a network? I know I want to at least get extras - because I ran out.

How hard did y'all push your ESPixelSticks this year???

Thanks,
    Sean
    Going on 3rd year with pixels. - Running (3) E682's (20) ESPixelSticks - 4250 Pixels - Vixen - Falcon Pi Player - http://www.facebook.com/GainesvilleXmasLights

Post Thanks / Like

Any news on the group buy? I'd like to use them for an event in the summer... If not i'll have to source the parts myself (and I'm lazy.. would rather to a group buy :D )

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkAgainAgain View Post
    Looking forward to the next group buy - These really saved my show this past season. I ran about 20+ ESPixelsticks (5) version 1.0 and about (16) V2.0 - I think i burnt up 2 or 3 and one had a voltage drop insufficient to run the pixels.

I had an e682 give out the day I went to set up- so I started plugging these in and everything worked great. I had them on my roof, my mega star, all over my house and yard, pretty much everything except my mega tree. Thanks for developing these! 2,000 plus pixels on the wireless props.

So - I was curious if people are running a bunch - when are they seeing problems with lagging or overloading a wireless network? I tried to add a Ubiquiti nano station outside, but I ended up being so confused/frustrated by it. -- I ended up getting a more powerful AC router in my living room (i live in a concrete block house) and my yard is about an acre. My roof on my house and my in-law suite is about a 150 feet long..... Again everything worked pretty flawlessly.

My question is - Can I add MORE!!! What in your experience is the breaking point of a network? I know I want to at least get extras - because I ran out.

How hard did y'all push your ESPixelSticks this year???

Thanks,
    Sean
    I ran 16 for my show off a Nanostation LocoM2. I'd so 20 is pushing it, but glad to hear you had good results! It really depends on how many clients your AP can handle without bogging down and your local RF environment.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLost View Post
    Any news on the group buy? I'd like to use them for an event in the summer... If not i'll have to source the parts myself (and I'm lazy.. would rather to a group buy :D )
    I had originally planned to have it running by this week, but still have to get some numbers from the board house. Plan on one starting by the end of the month and running for a couple of weeks.
    thanks,
    -shelby

11. Thanks Kev7274 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear about the GB,looking forward to it.

I'm planning on running 10-12 off my Loco M2 this year.
    (1) Renard SS24
    (1) E682
    (1) Falcon Player (Running the show)
    (1) E1.31 Bridge
    (1) EDM-LCD-CS-EP
    (1) 8 Port Switch
    (12) P10 Panels
    (12) ESPixel Sticks

WIKI
    Become A Supporting Member

Page 39 of 54 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast