Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPixelStick - E1.31 WiFi Pixel Controller

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ESPixelStick - E1.31 WiFi Pixel Controller

I've been chatting about this a little in my E1.31 Arduino Library thread. It's an E1.31 WiFi pixel controller, built around the ESP8266 in an Arduino enviornment. I have a write-up on it on my site here. I'm considering doing a group buy on these if there's enough interest. I would be offering them in kit form with all SMD pre-soldered and full BOM, and as a board itself (no BOM). My goal is to get the kits down to $10 each for a group buy, minus the ESP-01 module which is around $3.50. I'm planning to move to a europlug vs the wafer so people don't need crimpers, but please indicate which you prefer. Chime in if you have any interest, thanks!

http://forkineye.com/ESPixelStick

ESPixelStick prototype:

Admin Page on a Nexus 4:

ESPixelSticks in action:

2. Likes bobmcnobby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: ESPixelStick - E1.31 WiFi Pixel Controller

Is it fair to say that I love it? Cause I do...

I like the idea of SMD pre-soldered and the rest DIY. Makes it a lot easier for you and all the us folks that'll buy them.

Post Thanks / Like

Shelby,

I am interested in 15-20 of these things.

Three questions:

A) If you have the Euro connector will the board still fit in a 1" PVC tube? Seems like it would have to grow to at least 1.5"?

B) Will the firmware (or can) support 2 universes per pixel stick on one output?

C) I thought you had a video driving GECE with the pixelstick, is that working?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roterhead View Post
    Shelby,

I am interested in 15-20 of these things.

Three questions:

A) If you have the Euro connector will the board still fit in a 1" PVC tube? Seems like it would have to grow to at least 1.5"?

B) Will the firmware (or can) support 2 universes per pixel stick on one output?

C) I thought you had a video driving GECE with the pixelstick, is that working?

Thanks!
    A) It mounts at a right angle so I'm hoping it'll clear. I'm still waiting on the connectors I ordered to show up and will do a fitment test when I get them. There a little odd at 3.96 pitch, but keeps it open to use the wafers or euros.

B) The firmware currently only supports a single universe, but I'm pretty confident it could support two if required. I've tested 4 universe before, but its a little sketchy and you get some resets. I'll try dragging some more lights out this week and see what I can do.

C) I don't have any GECE stuff in the firmware or lights to test with. It's just WS2811 for now, but I could look at adding it if someone wanted to send me a light or two.
    Last edited by sporadic; 08-16-2015 at 03:08 PM.

6. Thanks JRGKAG thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would be interested in a Group Buy for this. I would prefer Euros personally. I can send you a few GECEs if you wanted to try and get support for those. Just let me know. Thanks for all your work on this. It's really impressive. I have several HUZZAH ESP8266's I've been playing with for Home Automation projects.

P.S. I'd probably be in for 10...
    Last edited by AuburnLights; 08-16-2015 at 05:00 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd be interested in 12.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought I read in the group buy main post it supported 4 universes? Is that old information and the # has been refined through further testing?

Quote Originally Posted by sporadic View Post
    A) It mounts at a right angle so I'm hoping it'll clear. I'm still waiting on the connectors I ordered to show up and will do a fitment test when I get them. There a little odd at 3.96 pitch, but keeps it open to use the wafers or euros.

B) The firmware currently only supports a single universe, but I'm pretty confident it could support two if required. I've tested 4 universe before, but its a little sketchy and you get some resets. I'll try dragging some more lights out this week and see what I can do.

C) I don't have any GECE stuff in the firmware or lights to test with. It's just WS2811 for now, but I could look at adding it if someone wanted to send me a light or two.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gocats7 View Post
    I thought I read in the group buy main post it supported 4 universes? Is that old information and the # has been refined through further testing?
    Correct, that's old information. The current firmware supports 4 universes without issue. My test matrix is actually a little over that at 720 pixels:

11. Thanks gocats7 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice!
    I'm in for 16, euro connector.
    Chuck P
    nothing to show

Post Thanks / Like

Nevermind, read your website and it answers my question. Sorry
    Last edited by AuburnLights; 08-16-2015 at 05:45 PM. Reason: RTFM

Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast