Thread: Vixen 2.1 and windoes 10

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vixen 2.1 and windoes 10

Anyone know if Vixen 2.1.1.0 works with windows 10? I just my " ready to install windows 10" message. Before I take the plunge I thought I would see if anyone else has had any luck. I saw that Vixen 3.2 works with windows 10, but I just started today learning this version. I'm pretty sure with learning a new set up I won't have it in place this year as I'm ramping up for my Halloween display. Thank you for any input.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Vixen 2.1 and windoes 10

I will start with I am not a computer guy, I did install windows 10 on 1 laptop to try it, vixen 3 ran my arduino and small pixel tree just fine. I didn't think about vixen 2 until you mentioned it. I didn't connect any controllers but vixen 2 launched and ran a sketch just like before. My disappointment with windows 10 is no media center and some other missing features that I was not aware of until I went to play a cd and copy a sound track for halloween.

Ron

Post Thanks / Like

upgraded my windows 7 Acer laptop too find out the dvd player doesn't have a window 10 driver and couldn't locate one anywhere so I did the revert back too 7 option they have in windows 10
    James WinterHaven Fl

Post Thanks / Like

I can second that Vixen 2.1 runs the same on Windows 10 as it did on Windows 7.

Post Thanks / Like

Converted 4 computers so far and V2 is fine on all. I work for a company part time that has a hand held device we use and was to to not convert to 10 because windows media device center would not work. They need to do a little research. It too worked fine. I have found nothing so far that has failed. Only computer that has not gotten the icon is my wife's windows 8.1 and I have not had time to look into that.

Post Thanks / Like

If I have windows 10 do I still need to down load Framework 2.0?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by houstad View Post
    If I have windows 10 do I still need to down load Framework 2.0?
    .Net 3.51 is a "Feature" that you can "turn on" in Windows 10 and it includes 2.0 (Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> Left hand Column "Turn Windows features on or off")

AS to Vixen 2.1 I have it on 4 different Win10 PCs and have not had any issues.
    Matt