Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Project: Pixel Garden Pathway Light Conversion

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Project: Pixel Garden Pathway Light Conversion

Quote Originally Posted by Setarcos View Post
    I decided to flip the orientation and mount the pixel module to the bottom of the bell and like the original solar light design, use a hemispherical mirror to reflect most of the light that would otherwise strike the far end of the enclosure.

I borrowed one of my daughter's silver metallic easter eggs, and it worked quite well as the hemispherical mirror.
    I assume that these are either top or bottom. Do you have any idea where these were purchased? It may be some time before these are available.
    That's a feature not a bug.
    There's no charge for that.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, both the top and bottom of the eggs will do. The top is a little longer than the bottom, so you need to adjust the retention nut a little closer to the pipe cap to allow for clearance. I picked up more of the metallic silver eggs from ebay, but the price is quite a bit higher than what you would pay closer to Easter.

Post Thanks / Like

I managed to complete construction for the majority of the lights two weeks ago, but have not had a chance to post the pictures I took at the time.

Ready to install the last four lights in the lower deck of the raised bed.

Installation complete

All lit up

I still need to complete construction of the lights for the upper deck of the raised bed and finalize the wiring and controller mounting, but things look good so far.

Post Thanks / Like

I temporarily hooked up one of my FPP development Pis and put together a simple flickering candle sequence like the one I use in the front of the house on the pixel candles for Halloween for our big combined Halloween/birthday bash this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

It's that time of the year when the silver eggs become available and I am having trouble finding the right size. I know that these are oversize, but the 4" ones seem to be too big. My pathway lights are still working, but the plan is to start converting them this year, since the only models I need to build are the Really Big Lights. Can you shed some light on the size that you (Setarcos) purchased. Thanks.
    That's a feature not a bug.
    There's no charge for that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Keith R View Post
    It's that time of the year when the silver eggs become available and I am having trouble finding the right size. I know that these are oversize, but the 4" ones seem to be too big. My pathway lights are still working, but the plan is to start converting them this year, since the only models I need to build are the Really Big Lights. Can you shed some light on the size that you (Setarcos) purchased. Thanks.
    Hi Keith R,

I used a combination of the 3" silver eggs my wife picked up from Michaels last year (brand is unknown as I only saw them after the packaging had been thrown away) and others I picked up off of ebay from a seller named bestpysanky (the item I purchased was named 3" Set of 18 Shiny Golden, Silver and Purple Fillable Plastic Easter Eggs, but does not appear to be listed any longer). The quality of the latter is lacking (silver coating flaking off, mold defects, etc) and only every other silver egg was actually usable. Fortunately, due to the way they were mounted, they have held up fairly well, but only time will tell. The eggs my wife picked up came as a set of two eggs with one gold and one silver and were fairly well made, but I don't know how much she payed for them.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345