Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LOOKING FOR SMART SQUARE PIXEL NODES (In Strands of 20)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: LOOKING FOR SMART SQUARE PIXEL NODES (In Strands of 20)

Doc / Robo,
    Hopefully you're still there. While I'm on the subject, take a look at this thought:

Changing directions (maybe) on how I'm going to mount those 2400 Square Nodes on my 10 Mini-Trees. Instead of spot welding matching rods to the already placed 15 Rods around the circumference of the trees (the 2 rods together would create a cradle for the square node's frame to sit in), I thought about buying those Pixel Mounting Strips from James.

The concern I have is, with so many of these mounting strips around the tree, the front two or three trees might completely block portions of the trees behind them.

Thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robo View Post
    I added 8 new pixels trees 24x25 each. 100ct string Zigzag every 25. Easy 6 connects to my E682 each tree. No cutting needed
    Got a pic or two. Maybe a small vid, so I can see what it would look like if I did that to mine?

Post Thanks / Like

Holidaycoro sells them in clear if that's a concern
    http://www.holidaycoro.com/product-p/767.htm

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robo View Post
    Nice Robo!!!! So I will be able to make my Mini(s) do what your video showed, and I can do it without making each vertical line it's own strand? Put it another way, for each of my ten (10) trees, I can take three (3) strands of 100 and go 20-25 up then turn and go 20-25 back down, resulting in only three (3) ports being used on my e682?

Hell, that means I'd only need two (2) e682s to run ALL my Mini-Trees vice the ten (10) I was dreading!

Sounds like that's what you, Doc, and Neil were all recommending in one way or another. After that little video, I'M SOLD!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Can someone link me back up with James or his store?

Post Thanks / Like

my 8' 180 degree tree 12' too top of star is made up of 6 strands of 50 nodes folded in half at top and run back down too bottom to make up the 12 legs of my tree

Quote Originally Posted by XMAS WIZARD View Post
    Nice Robo!!!! So I will be able to make my Mini(s) do what your video showed, and I can do it without making each vertical line it's own strand? Put it another way, for each of my ten (10) trees, I can take three (3) strands of 100 and go 20-25 up then turn and go 20-25 back down, resulting in only three (3) ports being used on my e682?

Hell, that means I'd only need two (2) e682s to run ALL my Mini-Trees vice the ten (10) I was dreading!

Sounds like that's what you, Doc, and Neil were all recommending in one way or another. After that little video, I'M SOLD!!!
    James WinterHaven Fl

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TazChaLet View Post
    my 8' 180 degree tree 12' too top of star is made up of 6 strands of 50 nodes folded in half at top and run back down too bottom to make up the 12 legs of my tree
    lol. After seeing how great ya'lls trees look and the number of nodes you used in creating them.... I'm beginning to think that I'm definitely over-killing with my plans! If I keep going with my same thought process, I'm gonna mess around and have 10 MEGA-TREES instead of 10 Mini-Trees!! HA!

I think I need to dial back my ambitions to around 11 or so.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's what my Trees will look like. I haven't inserted the 2nd matching rods yet. This is just the single rods showing the 15 legs of my 360 degree Mini-Tree.

MY MINI-TREE FRAME.jpg

Perhaps my concern of "blocking other trees" behind the front 2-3 trees can be better understood now. Still thinking I'll get those Mounting Strips, but maybe in the Clear color and it won't block parts of the other trees.

Post Thanks / Like

James pixel mounting strip is here http://boscoyostudio.com/products/in...&products_id=2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast