We are in the final stretch of the new enclosure. The design is 100% done and we are now at a point where we need to determine:
* China or US production (mold and housing)
* Material - either the exact same material used in the CG-1500 (PVC alloy) or a close match that is slightly harder (PC based alloy) which is about $2.75 less per enclosure (at cost)
* Color - black, grey, green or other
* Price point
* Other vendors carrying the enclosure, lowering the per-unit cost
After running the numbers, we are currently at a retail price of around $29. This is driven by the complex mold required (about $42k), the cost of the resin which is costly in less than truck load sizes, an increase from 1.1kg to 1.33kg of material per unit and the development costs.
My questions to the community are:
* Is this cost worth it to you for the additional value (space, durability, functionality, etc)?
* What color would you prefer and why?
* What do you like or dislike about the current PVC material used in the CG-1500?