Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Can the CG-1500 Enclosure Be Improved?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Can the CG-1500 Enclosure Be Improved?

So not available in 2016?

Post Thanks / Like

I made something quite similar to the Budd Industries vents for two of my enclosures last year, and used a combination of screen door material and PC fan filter foam on the air inlets at the bottom of the enclosures to filter all but the finest particles. As with the other folks, I am using the fan to blow the hot air out. That said, I am in northern California, so performance in blowing snow isn't something I would be able to readily test. I'm also using temperature controlled fans, so they would only be moving a measurable amount of air if the inside of the temperature of the enclosure justified it. With my enclosure's heat load if it were snowing outside, the fans wouldn't need to be on at all. Looking back through my fan logs, there were a few days in early December that the temp climbed up high enough to turn the fans on low. However, in October, the fans were on for most of the day (see attached graphs).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by szaske View Post
    So not available in 2016?
    No, the time to produce the molds alone is nearly 3 months and they won't make it on our next container which is Oct, so that pushes them to 2017.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danozfw View Post
    Live somewhere that it doesn't snow?

Personally, I only use them for exhaust.
    Only for exhaust? So where does the air come from that they exhaust? For every cubic inch of air that your fan pushes out of the enclosure, a cubic inch of air must enter the enclosure some how. Unless you have some method for making air out of nothing inside the enclosure, it has to come in from the outside.

Post Thanks / Like

The connector panel could be removable and held in from the outside by a couple of screws. If you mess up the panel or want to reconfigure it then a new one would be cheap and easy to make. It would eliminate the cross bar on the current design and still leave a good surface to seal with the lid.

Enclosure1.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Only for exhaust? So where does the air come from that they exhaust? For every cubic inch of air that your fan pushes out of the enclosure, a cubic inch of air must enter the enclosure some how. Unless you have some method for making air out of nothing inside the enclosure, it has to come in from the outside.
    A CG-1500 is FAR from airtight, all the holes in the bottom with a little foam in them. But I have also used Bud Industries NBX-10911 as an intake mounted on the side of the CG-1500.

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...qMz3p3KQ%3D%3D
    Last edited by danozfw; 08-15-2016 at 11:06 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Never said it was. What I said, is the air has to come in somewhere.

If you are not providing it a path to come in, the fan will be very inefficient (muffin fans are not designed to pull a vacuum). Also if you do not provide a place for it to come in, it will find a way which may not be where you want it to come in. This opens paths for it to bring in water (snow, mist, etc).

OTOH, if your fan is reversed making it blow in, not exhaust out, this pressurizes the cabinet. It affords you the opportunity to control and filter the air coming in. You don't need to filter air going out but you should filter it coming in. If you control where it comes in by making the fan draw it in, thats your chance to take care of incoming moisture, dust, insects and debris.

Post Thanks / Like

Lower vent is air in, upper vent, with fan, is air out 100_2211.JPG

Both covers will have a screen. Many creepy crawlers in Florida, including Black Widows and baby geckos.
    Last edited by stallionent; 08-15-2016 at 11:27 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I have one exhaust fan on my cg1500 cases. Like mentioned earlier, they are not airtight. There are plenty of places for air to enter. The bud cases appear to be different, therefore probably need an inlet.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, the Bud case is sealed with a rubber gasket around the lid. Air in is a must.

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast