Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: Can the CG-1500 Enclosure Be Improved?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Can the CG-1500 Enclosure Be Improved?

Anything new on this project? It used to be listed on website but not there anymore.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pmiller View Post
    Anything new on this project? It used to be listed on website but not there anymore.

Ahh, this saga has been a long and very expensive one. Here is the product on our website:

http://www.holidaycoro.com/HC-2500-H...stem-p/629.htm

The most recent update is that the injection molding machine needed an additional heater band for the nozzle and the nozzle had to be reworked again because the material we are injecting is so tough. We are hoping to have the final parts for review in the coming week if everything goes ok. We have 20,000 pounds of material on hand to make the first run, so we just need the units to start molding.

Post Thanks / Like

The pricing on the page is strange. List price = $28.95 (You save $28.95)
    Add $27.99 for the bottom plate?
    "Never Give Up. Never Surrender!"
    Capt Tagert - Galaxy Quest.
    Al Gerdes - Christmas Lighting Nut!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by algerdes View Post
    The pricing on the page is strange. List price = $28.95 (You save $28.95)
    Add $27.99 for the bottom plate?
    I noticed that also:
    Bottom Opening Style / Color*Black / Closed Base for DIY Applications (No Holes) [Add $27.99]
    *Black / Open Base for use with HolidayCoro Mounting Plates [Add $27.99]
    *Grey / Closed Base for DIY Applications (No Holes)
    *Grey / Open Base for use with HolidayCoro Mounting Plates [Add $27.99]

So that drives the price up to almost 60 bucks. I also don't see the mounting plates listed. Originally I liked the idea of a removable bottom plate because it allows folks to make changes and drill their own holes. But, after a few FB posts this apparently isn't the case. I'm understanding they made 2 molds, one that the bottom can be removed and the other enclosed, bottom can't be removed. I'm rather confused as to what really is being offered. I think picture would help solve the confusion. Personally, if it's closed bottom then I have no interest. I'll stick with the BUD boxes. But if the opening on the bottom can be removed and replacements can be ordered then I'm interested, as I have been from the beginning. How about pictures of the boxes and the bottom plates?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pmiller View Post
    I noticed that also:
    Bottom Opening Style / Color*Black / Closed Base for DIY Applications (No Holes) [Add $27.99]
    *Black / Open Base for use with HolidayCoro Mounting Plates [Add $27.99]
    *Grey / Closed Base for DIY Applications (No Holes)
    *Grey / Open Base for use with HolidayCoro Mounting Plates [Add $27.99]

So that drives the price up to almost 60 bucks. I also don't see the mounting plates listed. Originally I liked the idea of a removable bottom plate because it allows folks to make changes and drill their own holes. But, after a few FB posts this apparently isn't the case. I'm understanding they made 2 molds, one that the bottom can be removed and the other enclosed, bottom can't be removed. I'm rather confused as to what really is being offered. I think picture would help solve the confusion. Personally, if it's closed bottom then I have no interest. I'll stick with the BUD boxes. But if the opening on the bottom can be removed and replacements can be ordered then I'm interested, as I have been from the beginning. How about pictures of the boxes and the bottom plates?
    The "add" is due to the way our website presents different child options for a parent product. The price of the enclosure is NOT more than $27.99 as listed on the product page - no matter black, grey or a solid base or one for use with a mounting plate.

We will have a generic mounting plate option for those customers that want to drill their own holes and a selection of mounting plates for standardized controllers (AlphaPix, Falcon, EasyLights, etc).

I would absolutely post photos but we are awaiting final production of the units and printing 3D-prints at $500 is too expensive for each variation. Don't worry - we are working hard to get this enclosure done since we have so many new controllers that now depend on this specific design.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dmoore View Post
    The "add" is due to the way our website presents different child options for a parent product. The price of the enclosure is NOT more than $27.99 as listed on the product page - no matter black, grey or a solid base or one for use with a mounting plate.

We will have a generic mounting plate option for those customers that want to drill their own holes and a selection of mounting plates for standardized controllers (AlphaPix, Falcon, EasyLights, etc).

I would absolutely post photos but we are awaiting final production of the units and printing 3D-prints at $500 is too expensive for each variation. Don't worry - we are working hard to get this enclosure done since we have so many new controllers that now depend on this specific design.
    See, this is what's confusing. Maybe it's just me, I don't know. I don't care about the mounting plate for controllers or power supplies. I use 1/8" hobby plywood. More versatile. It's the opening on the bottom, the one where all the cables come out from that I care about. If that part is solid and removable then I'm in. That's what the video showed. Sorry for being a PITA but I want to be clear on this before I order more than one. Hence the reason I want to see pics. Oh, I'm sure there are those out there reading this thinking I'm an a****** but whatever.

Post Thanks / Like

Let's not go into this anymore. I'll wait and see what's offered. Not commenting Any more. Sorry for the dragging this on.

Post Thanks / Like

We are happy to announce that after lots of work we now have a completed and molded HC-2500 enclosure:

hc-2500-2.jpg

Open base version:
    HC-2500.jpg

We have schedule the following production based on the resin we currently have in stock for production:
    * 450 Open base enclosures (a minimum are dedicated to internal use)
    * 285 Closed base enclosures (150 are dedicated to pre-sale purchases)

Following a successful run of the above, we run 2,000 enclosures on the next run of resin, estimated to take place around June/July. Once we have the product molded and in stock and ready to ship, we will open the product up for ordering. We also hope to have a number of popular mounting kits also available at release including Falcon 16 so you can do a complete no-drill, screw together assembly.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm happy to say that we are now finally molding the enclosures and the first ones are coming off the press now:

enclosures.jpg

We just purchased 9,000 pounds of resin now that we know this material molds correctly and has passed testing. This should be enough to do another 3,200+ enclosures.

Customers that ordered this enclosure at PRE-SALE will receive the first units and then we will post here when the enclosure has become available for public sale. We are also working on new mounting plates for all the common controllers and those will be available for purchase at the same time the enclosure goes on sale.

10. Likes critic2 liked this post
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627