Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: Can the CG-1500 Enclosure Be Improved?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Can the CG-1500 Enclosure Be Improved?

I also agree that the value of this case is the modular nature. I am debating on getting a bud box but like pmiller said once you drill it that's it. I have done a similar modular plate on the bottom of some cg500s and it works but this design is better because it was meant for it unlike my cg500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Price point seems reasonable considering the new box is bigger and more versatile.
    Colour - can we avoid black please as it will create a little bit more heat in our hot Aussie summer sun
    Also lighter colours are easier to paint if you do want some other colours. I'd prefer grey or beige.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

This.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    US Production. While it might cost more to produce, you eliminate TIME, SHIPPING, TARIFFS, etc from China. And it provides jobs for folks right here. I am tired of sending our cash to China all the time. WOuld be nice to support people right here that pay taxes here and help this country prosper.

Harder materials usually means more brittle which means it breaks, chips, etc. 1500 material has been proven a reliable material thats easy to mill, cut and otherwise alter without chipping, cracking or breaking.

Color? Gray. If you want another color, go buy a $1 can of paint from Home Depot and color your boxes whatever you want. Black covers gray. So does white. And green. Or pumpkin orange if that floats your skirt.

Price point is a bit high. More than double what a 1500 is (~$14). Not sure that the new box could replace two 1500s. Haven't looked that deep at it to see. If it can, then well, maybe. $25 (24.99, whatever) is a better price point.

Not sure where you think its more durable than a 1500. Jury still out on that to be honest. There are many other enclosure options other than GC boxes. You have to compete with that. See price point as the biggie here.

Post Thanks / Like

We are getting ever closer. We have determined the PVC material used in the CG-1500 is to expensive and it requires a hardened mold and screw on the injection machine. We will be using a PC - the same material used in CD's and bullet proof glass. The mold cost is now at nearly 50k and thus our pricing will be around (subject to change) $29. We may have a one-time "pre-sale" for this item only at a lower price. The color will be grey which is the "natural" color of this material which is designed for enclosures. It has the same UV (F1) and fire resistance (V5A).

I believe that future controllers like the EasyLights and Falcon V3 will have to be larger and that we are nearing the end of the CG-1500's life given the space limitations and that the time and capital invested in this project will be worth the effort.

If you are a competitor and have interest in this product, please contact me as we have a one-time window open for highly discounted pricing on this product in low volumes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    US Production. While it might cost more to produce, you eliminate TIME, SHIPPING, TARIFFS, etc from China. And it provides jobs for folks right here. I am tired of sending our cash to China all the time. WOuld be nice to support people right here that pay taxes here and help this country prosper.

Price point is a bit high. More than double what a 1500 is (~$14). Not sure that the new box could replace two 1500s. Haven't looked that deep at it to see. If it can, then well, maybe. $25 (24.99, whatever) is a better price point.
    Sure, we can make these for the price point of sub-$20 - we just need to make them in China. The mold for this product is $15k in China, $48k in the USA.

We believe the price for this unit, given it's niche market specific function and relative price compared to other typical enclosures of this size (6" x 14" x 12") is reasonable. Having it made in the USA allows us greater flexibility in logistics and we feel it is great that it will also support a great small plastics company.

Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree with using a US supplier. Knowing that a small company is getting the job and helping it grow is more important than the few $ saved. After all the money spent on controller's, power supplies and pixels what's another 10$ to keep everything in.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

The video shows a removable bottom plate for user to drill their own holes and mentions there will be various other plates with pre-cut holes. This is a really great idea/feature.
    Does the estimated price include one blank bottom plate? And what is the estimated cost of additional bottom plates?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pixelpuppy View Post
    The video shows a removable bottom plate for user to drill their own holes and mentions there will be various other plates with pre-cut holes. This is a really great idea/feature.
    Does the estimated price include one blank bottom plate? And what is the estimated cost of additional bottom plates?
    We may have the mold made so that the enclosure can be produced with or without the hole based on an insert, thus people that have the tools to do it themselves, can purchase it without the cutout. The main driver for the cutout was to increase our production and precision. We have developed a method that allows faster production of the plates and likely these new plates will be about 1/2 the price of current plates.

Post Thanks / Like

David, I can't seem to find the inside dimensions of your new box. Will your new box accept a 24 channel SS board that's 11"x4"? I'm sure the 4 inch side is no problem. It's the 11 inch side that I'm concerned about. Reason I ask is I want to put in a SS24 and a Sandevices 6804. I'm using the 6804 to run the Renard SS24.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pmiller View Post
    David, I can't seem to find the inside dimensions of your new box. Will your new box accept a 24 channel SS board that's 11"x4"? I'm sure the 4 inch side is no problem. It's the 11 inch side that I'm concerned about. Reason I ask is I want to put in a SS24 and a Sandevices 6804. I'm using the 6804 to run the Renard SS24.
    It should given that this new enclosure is the exact same width as the CG-1500, only the length has been increased by 50mm (2").

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast