Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: Can the CG-1500 Enclosure Be Improved?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Can the CG-1500 Enclosure Be Improved?

Quote Originally Posted by dmoore View Post
    It should given that this new enclosure is the exact same width as the CG-1500, only the length has been increased by 50mm (2").
    That's more than enough room. Thank you. I'll take 3 when they are avaliable.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I'm happy to announce that the molds for this new enclosure have been started and should be complete in late July. Based on feedback, we have designed the mold to allow for a unit that does not have a hole in the base for pre-drilled adapter plates (as shown in the videos) and a unit that has a flat bottom with no cutout. Color will be initially grey. The material selected has the highest possible flame and UV resistance, just as the current CG1500. Enclosures should start shipping in mid-August.

3. Likes Verrous liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Any idea when you'll post the new enclosure on the website?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ronchazin View Post
    Any idea when you'll post the new enclosure on the website?
    Sure - it is located here: http://www.holidaycoro.com/product-p/629.htm

If you'd like to be notified when they are shipping, click the link "Email me when this item is available for order" and we'll notify you.

Currently the estimated time is now Early September due to delays in getting the CAD work completed on the molds.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats a really nice enclosure. Just finished watching the video and every improvement you made I was shaking my head thinking yup, that is a pain with the 1500. Only concern I have is the price, not sure I can justify double the price if what is listed on your site is what will be the final price...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jchancel View Post
    Thats a really nice enclosure. Just finished watching the video and every improvement you made I was shaking my head thinking yup, that is a pain with the 1500. Only concern I have is the price, not sure I can justify double the price if what is listed on your site is what will be the final price...
    That is ok - for some or who knows - many people, the additional $5 to $10 difference won't be worth it for their specific needs and so we'll still sell the CG-1500 and CG-1500 adapter kits alongside the HC-2500 enclosure. We had to make this enclosure because our EasyLights controller had grown too large to comfortable fit inside the CG-1500 along with two 350w PSU's. This is in-addition to the other labor saving and safety issues that we were specifically concerned about. If we never sold them into the DIY community, we still would have done this project, we just felt making it adaptable to an additional market would never hurt sales of the enclosure.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have any details for what configurations of the Holiday Coro Mounting Plates will be? Will the closed option be a solid bottom plate that is removeable/replaceable? I see the option to buy with a closed bottom plate or an open one but can't find any information to determine if one of the Holiday Coro Mounting Plates will work for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Any current mounting plate you have for the CG-1500, be that HolidayCoro or another vendor will continue to work fine in the HC-2500 enclosure. If you are using a HC-2500 specific mounting plate (EasyLights controller, etc), it will come with a base plate for the controller and a second plate for the end of the enclosure.

There will be two options:
    * Closed bottom - this mean that it is similar to what you have in a CG-1500, less all the other smaller holes at the bottom. You will need to drill the holes to fit the cables/clamps you need.
    * Open bottom - this means that a large portion of the bottom will be cut out and require a cover plate, typically offered as part of a mounting kit. The real focus for this design isn't DIY but for use in our production of the EasyLights controller.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dmoore View Post
    Any current mounting plate you have for the CG-1500, be that HolidayCoro or another vendor will continue to work fine in the HC-2500 enclosure. If you are using a HC-2500 specific mounting plate (EasyLights controller, etc), it will come with a base plate for the controller and a second plate for the end of the enclosure.

There will be two options:
    * Closed bottom - this mean that it is similar to what you have in a CG-1500, less all the other smaller holes at the bottom. You will need to drill the holes to fit the cables/clamps you need.
    * Open bottom - this means that a large portion of the bottom will be cut out and require a cover plate, typically offered as part of a mounting kit. The real focus for this design isn't DIY but for use in our production of the EasyLights controller.
    Open bottom. Can the cover plate be ordered separately with no holes drilled?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pmiller View Post
    Open bottom. Can the cover plate be ordered separately with no holes drilled?
    Most likely, though I am unsure about the timing due to the close timing between when the molds will be complete and peak season.

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526