Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: DM-10x DMX decoders with custom firmware

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DM-10x DMX decoders with custom firmware

Quote Originally Posted by ONKL View Post
    Did anyone test the custom software with a DM-100AC module? I'm not sure if they use the same pinout for the RGB channels.
    Meanwhile I found out that the DM-100AC uses the following output pins: Red CH > Pin 10, Green CH > Pin 14, Blue CH > Pin13
    Could you modify the custom firmware for this setup - or even better: share the source code? I haven't worked with STM8 controllers yet (just some experiences with Attiny2313 & Atmega) and would enjoy testing it. I'd also try to setup a 4CH Version (if possible for me...) with Channel 4 working as a main dimmer for the three RGB-Channels.
    (Btw: The DM-100AC also provides PIn and POut Pin)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MikeKrebs View Post
    ray wu in aliexpress and ray at rita lights are the same person.
    Oh i didn't know :D. Thanks for the info hehehe.

Meanwhile I found out that the DM-100AC uses the following output pins: Red CH > Pin 10, Green CH > Pin 14, Blue CH > Pin13
    Could you modify the custom firmware for this setup - or even better: share the source code? I haven't worked with STM8 controllers yet (just some experiences with Attiny2313 & Atmega) and would enjoy testing it. I'd also try to setup a 4CH Version (if possible for me...) with Channel 4 working as a main dimmer for the three RGB-Channels.
    The 4ch version would be cool i have a lot of dm 101's and it would be really cool to remove the rainbow effect and change the dmx channels. :D

Post Thanks / Like

Can you send me good quality pictures of both sides of DM-100AC?

Also, if someone could send me pinout and/or pics of DM-101, that would help me with the firmware.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RobG View Post
    Can you send me good quality pictures of both sides of DM-100AC?

Also, if someone could send me pinout and/or pics of DM-101, that would help me with the firmware.
    Hi Rob, i'm attaching some pictures and the pinout of DM-101. I hope it helps. Cheers!

Pinout of DM-101:

Red CH > Pin 10
    Green CH > Pin 14
    Blue CH > Pin 13
    White CH > Pin 20.

Pictures:

20190914_185651-min.jpg
    20190914_185711-min.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Also i was wondering if its possible to manually set each channel for the dm-101? Because I would really appreciate if I could be able to set RGB as channels 1,2 and 3 and W as ch 100. This way i could separate all the whites from RGB and would have better control over my lights. I use falcon pi player and for my setup It would be absolutely amazing if I could program all the white channels away from the rgb channels. Btw If you write the firmware for the Dm-101 i would love to support the development with a $50 donation. Cheers

Post Thanks / Like

If you are Vixen or xLights. you can group the whites separately. Do it in the sequencer and the hardware takes care of itself without anything special.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, yeah i know i have it like that. However for my specific setup (72 rgbw spotlight leds on my house facade) i like to use the testing mode in fpp to have a live color changing facade whenever i want. The problem is that when i setup the test mode i have to select the channels ex. ch 1 to 1000. every LED inside that range will turn on. If i could separate the whites to start from 1001 then they wouldn't light up. I mean if its not that hard i would love to have that feature heehhe. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Rob, sorry to bother you. You still planning on writing the firmware for DM-101? Thanks

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456