Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: DM-10x DMX decoders with custom firmware

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DM-10x DMX decoders with custom firmware

Yes, exactly, left transcevier can be used for half-duplex. Cascading is done is software.
    “If somebody offers you an amazing opportunity but you are not sure you can do it, say yes – then learn how to do it later!” ― Richard Branson
    My [URL="https://www.tindie.com/stores/RobG/"]Tindie[/URL] store

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe this is why i can't get cascading to work on dm-101's- i was guessing that the two sets of DMX solder points on 103's were just two ways to connect to the same thing, but from that it looks like two chips for two separate dmx paths. I looked at my different controllers- the dm-101 has only one MAX485 chip, the 103,
    2 chips. I was going to be using mostly dm-100DC since most of my emitters are only rgb- those ones have two max485, hopefully they will work with cascading if that's what makes the difference. Thanks for the schematic, once i can get my mind around it, it might help explain some things.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello RobG,
    first thanks for your work in this module.
    actually i have exactly the same problem like Hangman,
    i have an YX-103 programmed with your firmware, 2 channels work perfecly but the red (pin 20, timer2 ch2) dosn't work at all.
    i've tried to swap the STM8S003F3P6 by another one. but same result. all other functions (programmation in data memory for dmx address and receive dmx reception ) work.
    if you have any idea?

Post Thanks / Like

Can you post good quality pics of your YX-103 (front and back?)
    Timer on STM8S003F3 has 4 channels, so I am wondering if they switched R to the unused one.
    “If somebody offers you an amazing opportunity but you are not sure you can do it, say yes – then learn how to do it later!” ― Richard Branson

Post Thanks / Like

hi, there is the pictures of the board .
    For information, i've viewed directly on the STM8S003F3 all pin who have an attached timer with oscilloscope, only the pin 13 and 14 have a pwm signal in output.

YX-103 front.jpg YX-103 back.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

OK, I think I know what's going on, I uploaded code for a different board (my original DMX board,) red is most likely on pin 17.
    I will fire up STVD when I find some spare time and make a new binary.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok thank you for your time. . I tried to develop by myself for a Chinese 36w spot that is very slowly in dmx mode ... (more than 1 second of response time ..., not usable at all,or only in decoration ...).
    But I don't have enough skill on this mcu ... ^^ your firmware will save them. Keep me informed

Post Thanks / Like

Should have something by the end of week, I have to refresh my memory since I only use STM8S for my DMX decoder.
    Once a while, when I want to torture myself with an awful IDE (STVD) and rather poorly documented MCU, I work on STM8S projects

Post Thanks / Like

@dazer, can you try this one? I didn't do thorough testing, but R should be working now and I switched G & B. I also removed rainbow effect, will add it back later if needed.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by RobG; 05-09-2017 at 04:59 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

hello! it's all good! R G B are on the good outputs, and the "R" channel work too.
    thank you very much for your job!good job.jpg

11. Thanks RobG thanked for this post
    Likes RobG liked this post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast