Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DM-10x DMX decoders with custom firmware

Post Thanks / Like

Default DM-10x DMX decoders with custom firmware

dm2.jpg

I am going to use DM-103 for some of my floods, but I don't like DM's features, especially the need for extra programmer.
    I wrote my own firmware, which will allow me to program start channel using any sequencer.
    DMX out will cascade by default, just like Ren, so anything connected to the output will not have to be reprogrammed.
    There will be no silly test sequence and I will also include servo mode (DM-103 only, will require extra resistors since outputs are OC.)

Any suggestions for extra features?

Version 1 for DM-103/YX-103 with STM8S003F3P6 chip. (updated 5/9/17 to fix missing red channel, removed rainbow effect.)
    You can set start channel.
    DMX data on the output will be truncated up to start channel + 2 and will start at channel 1.

To program start channel, send DMX message with DMX Test start byte and the following values:
    0x55 (start byte,) 'R','o','b','G','S' (set start channel,) 0 (MSB of start channel,) 10 (LSB of start channel, in this case 10,) 0x55 (terminator)

binary removed, will upload new one later on
    Last edited by RobG; 05-09-2017 at 12:39 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DM-10x DMX decoders with custom firmware

The only thing I ever wished for from these is the ability to have them NOT go into the random cycle mode if they don't detect a DMX signal.
    Dan Kulp

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, that is gone in my firmware

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dkulp View Post
    The only thing I ever wished for from these is the ability to have them NOT go into the random cycle mode if they don't detect a DMX signal.
    I had this same issue with the 27 channel dmx controller and asked joe to implement an "all off" command in HLS that fixed it for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RobG View Post
    dm2.jpg

I am going to use DM-103 for some of my floods, but I don't like DM's features, especially the need for extra programmer.
    I wrote my own firmware, which will allow me to program start channel using any sequencer.
    DMX out will cascade by default, just like Ren, so anything connected to the output will not have to be reprogrammed.
    There will be no silly test sequence and I will also include servo mode (DM-103 only, will require extra resistors since outputs are OC.)

Any suggestions for extra features?
    Just curious rob if this is going to be offered as a product in your tindie store or will be offered for loading onto the dm103. If so, how would you load the firmware onto the DM?
    Thanks.

Pacifica, Calif (30mins from downtown San Francisco)
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually have become fond of the rainbow test on these types of devices. I use it as a nice warm-up before the show starts and something that can run after the show for an hour or so.

I just bought a bunch of the ones Dave Moore sells with the DIP switches because I refuse to buy the programmer.

Ah, well.

\dmc
    [b]uC/LED hacking:[/b] [url]http://www.dmcole.net/[/url]

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I can add free running rainbow test, but it could be triggered by some command, DMX test start byte for example

Post Thanks / Like

Version 1 for DM-103/YX-103 with STM8S003F3P6 chip (see first post for the hex file.)
    You can set start channel and enable/disable "rainbow" effect, which will kick in after 5 sec of DMX inactivity. No servo yet.
    DMX data on the output will be truncated up to start channel + 2 and will start at channel 1.

To program start channel, send DMX message with DMX Test start byte and the following values:
    0x55 (start byte,) 'R','o','b','G','S' (set start channel,) 0 (MSB of start channel,) 10 (LSB of start channel, in this case 10,) 0x55 (terminator)
    To enable/disable idle "rainbow" effect:
    0x55 (start byte,) 'R','o','b','G','A' (set animation,) 1 (1 enable, 0 disable,) 0 (always 0,) 0x55 (terminator)

Pacifica, Calif (30mins from downtown San Francisco)
    Post Thanks / Like

Rob:

Thanks so much for following through on this.

I'm curious -- how do you program the chip in place? There don't seem to be any breakouts on the board for the four lines that SWIM needs ... ?

\dmc

\dmc
    [b]uC/LED hacking:[/b] [url]http://www.dmcole.net/[/url]

Post Thanks / Like

There are 4 pads between MCU and MAX485, that's SWIM connector. I just insert male header, apply little pressure, program, and voilą!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast