Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SS24 Adapters for CG-2000

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: SS24 Adapters for CG-2000

Thanks but the only thing in the zip file was two jpg files. Would you happen to have the actual measurements, (i'm at work and don't have the board or enclosure with me)? I was able to import the original stk to inventor and convert to a solid but every time I export to stl for printing it's too small even when I set my export measurements to mm. Maybe I am just missing something in inventor, i've never used it before until I saw this post.
    Last edited by msnyder12; 10-05-2016 at 10:33 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by msnyder12 View Post
    Thanks but the only thing in the zip file was two jpg files. Would you happen to have the actual measurements, (i'm at work and don't have the board or enclosure with me)? I was able to import the original stk to inventor and convert to a solid but every time I export to stl for printing it's too small even when I set my export measurements to mm. Maybe I am just missing something in inventor, i've never used it before until I saw this post.
    Let's try again... this should be the right files.

I know there is nothing wrong with the STL files as I have printed them myself at the school. So maybe a setting in your software may need to be checked out.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    James Family Christmas - 1600 channels of SS Renard channels
    Website - http://jamesfamilychristmas.com/ <<broken
    Facebook - James Family Christmas

Post Thanks / Like

Default SS24 Adapters for CG-2000

Thanks I ended up finding a post with people having similar issues with inventor files and their solution was to scale the model to 1000% in the software I was using to print (in my case makerware for the maker not) so that is what I did and it printed perfectly and fits perfectly in my enclosure! Thanks for supplying the files and creating them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes Wayne J liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

what slicer were you using to make the gcode?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne J View Post
    I was playing around with this a while back and figured I would revisit it and this is what I came up with. They move the SS24 to the top left corner of the case and give a bit more room for wiring and 4 hole mounting. All you need is four 6-32 screws 3/8 long.

I attached the .stl files if anyone want to make some for themselves. I am waiting on my set to arrive to test. If I had a way to make them I would include them in the kits.

EDIT: added finished pictures

I just loaded the STI files up in GCode and scaled x10 - came out really nice. I'm using a makerbot clone.

Thanks for posting.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TravCam View Post
    I just loaded the STI files up in GCode and scaled x10 - came out really nice. I'm using a makerbot clone.

Thanks for posting.
    Used these on my second Renard build - works like a champ!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

8. Likes Wayne J liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm building a couple of SS24's for the first time and would love to use these mounts. However, it is unclear to me how. I have never used a 3D printer or printing service. I tried the STL files attached by Wayne with ShapeWays and am unclear on what the correct expected dimensions are supposed to be so I can correctly scale it. Can anyone who has printed these offer any help? Either what the correct actual dimensions are or a recommendation of a service that can take the STL files without any scaling. Thanks!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123