Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: my train for this christmas

Post Thanks / Like

Default my train for this christmas

have been working on the train for this Christmas.. been big job but getting there.
    Have some pictures if i figure out how to get them on here
    2015-03-16 12.37.41.jpg
    got alot of finish work and painting to do.. right now just a primer coast to soak into the wood. will spray pain whole train later when its all ready.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Likes NDNS00ner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: my train for this christmas

have had several ask me to put pictures on build on here. any questions just ask.. Will take more pictures as i go.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks awesome so far, nicely done! What kind of motor are you using the drive it?
    ~Jason
    [URL]http://www.tooz.us[/URL]

Post Thanks / Like

So do the wheels just ride on the outside of the track to guide the Train. Looks like a low rpm high torque motor from a conveyor belt?

Post Thanks / Like

the motor is from a wheel chair.. can run 12 or 24 volt.. the wheels run on top the rails with caster inside.. will find picture and place on here2015-03-16 12.37.56.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

will 2015-03-07 15.13.29.jpg\
    here is better picture.. all wheels can be rotated. the casters will follow the tack and keep the wheels on top the track.

Post Thanks / Like

I wanted something different then steam engine.. so doing a diesel engine;.. passenger car is double decker.. will have lights inside.. all cars will have 12 volt led around cars and i can make them chase, flash, on full time or different effects. will be two flat cars between engine and passenger car. one will have santa, sleigh and raindeer on it.. other will have snoopy as red barron with his dog house and propeller on it.
    still looking for passengers to put in the car. will add the plexi glass windown when everything is painted.

9. Likes beeiilll liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

so where are you with your train build this is great been a while since i have seen anyone build a train. i see you r caster gudes on both sides of the wheels have you tested for drag yet. I had uge issues with drag on my 1st build took me 3 years to get it right and ended up going mono rail

Post Thanks / Like

yes tested and it works fine.. had to do some adjustments but ok now. now in process of getting the cars ready. lots of work yet ahead of me. someday would like to do a overhead monorail. everything supends from rail.. but that will be in the future. got enough right now... need to get this to painting stage and start on the ferris wheele. then sometime in there start working on system to hold the lights on the house and mega trees.

Post Thanks / Like

the hardest part was building the curves. getting them to be exactly the same all thru the curve.. made a jig and that helped.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast