Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: mini trees spiral

Post Thanks / Like

Default mini trees spiral

has anyone done a spiral mini tree got any picks or vidios I am looking to do the tomato cage mini tree but want to add the spiral action
    how many channels for the spiral

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: mini trees spiral

I'm doing the same with 54'' tomato cages from Lowes and James' RGB strips and dumb RGB nodes. As soon as I get the strips in I will take a few pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

Bump...any updates on this?

Post Thanks / Like

Curious about this as well. I found some posts here that pointed to something like this but kinda hard to tell. I wanted smaller spirals I think so help fill in parts of my yard. Regular tomato cages might work ok but I think I'd need to add wire as a guide to support the lights and to make sure the spiral looks correct? They have ready-made ones but I really just need the frame as I'd want to put my own lights on it.

I thought about doing pixels on them but I think for 2016 I may go for conventional strands (full rectified warm white LED strands in my case) since I'm already adding quite a few more pixel items but still want to have some "old school" pieces. That and the costs are already adding up for 2016 and the Mrs. is already giving my angry looks as it is

Post Thanks / Like

I saw that same cage from Jung Seed but haven't found someone who's tried it yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Having a cage that already had a spiral would be really helpful. I'm thinking of seeing about buying pre-built ones that have incandescents and just seeing if I can convert them to the LED strands I prefer to use. Or if I can somehow convince the Mrs. I can just go full pixel on them They're not super expensive (though a lot more than just a regular tomato cage) - I'd bet they should be on sale post Christmas as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Save $ when you buy in bulk:

http://www.biconet.com/tools/veggieCage.html

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Hah sweet! Great find! So good I added it to the wiki page for mini trees (http://doityourselfchristmas.com/wik...tle=Mini_Trees). Since it looks like you have to include your own pole, I assume that also allows one to make shorter trees? I was thinking about 3-4' spiral trees to place around my yard. They have to be short enough so that they don't block the other items behind it.

Post Thanks / Like

I just talked with the folks at Biocontrol Network.

http://www.biconet.com/tools/veggieCage.html

They no longer have the veggiecage. Apparently, the die broke at the manufacturer and the cost of repair was too high for them to get it fixed.
    He will be removing it from his website in the next couple of days. (My refund is on the way. )
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast