Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445

Thread: Pixiflood 10w Floodlight Driver (WS2811)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Pixiflood 10w Floodlight Driver (WS2811)

Quote Originally Posted by stampedeboss View Post
    I am out of boards and just recently reorder some, they won't be here until after the season is over, if you are still interested let me know
    I'm interested in 15 of the presoldered boards whenever you get them in.

Thanks,

Dennis the Menace

Post Thanks / Like

In the past I did all the soldering for these boards and set them aside. I tried to use one inline with some other pixels but it caused issues downstream from the flood for some reason. Basically the lights would flicker. Today I pulled the flood out and hooked it all up. Seemed to work fine for a bit. However, I popped a fuse and it's the flood causing the fuse to go. I have a short between 12+ and negative. There is continuity between those two pads on the board. Where should I start looking for a bridged solder joint. There are some spots on the stuff that came pre soldered that look suspect, but without knowing what's what I don't even know where to start.

EDIT: Found your videos and failed the first test. Can't really tell where the bridge is on those SMD parts. The videos should help me square it away.
    Last edited by MindTrik; 08-24-2018 at 07:35 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone have a bead on housings for these now? The housings I have, I have to bend the reflector on one side so it fits...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MindTrik View Post
    In the past I did all the soldering for these boards and set them aside. I tried to use one inline with some other pixels but it caused issues downstream from the flood for some reason. Basically the lights would flicker. Today I pulled the flood out and hooked it all up. Seemed to work fine for a bit. However, I popped a fuse and it's the flood causing the fuse to go. I have a short between 12+ and negative. There is continuity between those two pads on the board. Where should I start looking for a bridged solder joint. There are some spots on the stuff that came pre soldered that look suspect, but without knowing what's what I don't even know where to start.

EDIT: Found your videos and failed the first test. Can't really tell where the bridge is on those SMD parts. The videos should help me square it away.
    Any luck, anything I can do to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MindTrik View Post
    Anyone have a bead on housings for these now? The housings I have, I have to bend the reflector on one side so it fits...
    I recently purchased some off eBay. The smaller slim line versions work fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

I've bought all my 10W boards from RobG on Tindie. Is he on this forum? Anyone know where I can get my hands on 4 more boards. I'd settle for the PCBs.
    Michael

New for 2016: Getting my ESPixel network to function, 4 HDPE Pixel Arches, Pixel matrix on tree trunks. PIXELS!!!
    FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/GothambeatProductions?fref=ts

Gotham Beat Productions LLC

Post Thanks / Like

Robg is on this forum. He took some time "off" from lights this year and just now seems to be getting back into the swing of things. I thought I saw a mid September date for one of his projects. So, maybe he will do the group buy on the flood boards again if he has the motivation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by michaelc View Post
    I've bought all my 10W boards from RobG on Tindie. Is he on this forum? Anyone know where I can get my hands on 4 more boards. I'd settle for the PCBs.

@michaelc, if you are fine with PCBs, I have few left, send me PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Stampedeboss, I tested all of the other boards for the problem I had with ground. The only board that had the issue was that particular board. I've looked at it under a magnification lens and I cannot see anywhere there's a blob of solder that would ground out everything.

Can you link me to the housings that should work...I did a search here, https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...LH_TitleDesc=0

I have this one I think, https://www.ebay.com/itm/10W-20W-30W...r=563164932533 and the reflector wont go over the board...
    Last edited by MindTrik; 09-03-2018 at 11:58 AM.

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445