Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HDPE interest in Charlotte or NC?

Post Thanks / Like

Default HDPE interest in Charlotte or NC?

I am planning on ordering HDPE from McMaster-Car. Wondering if anyone in my surrounding area would like to go in and split the shipping cost, or drive to ATL to pick our order up?

Any interest?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: HDPE interest in Charlotte or NC?

I'm tempted. So, maybe.
    James Family Christmas - 1600 channels of SS Renard channels
    Website - http://jamesfamilychristmas.com/ <<broken
    Facebook - James Family Christmas

Post Thanks / Like

I was planning to order 100' sometime within the next few months. When are you planning to order?

I'm located in the triad area (Burlington) about 2hrs north of Charlotte. It's really too far to drive to Atlanta from here. I think it's over 350 miles (5 hrs), but a drive to Charlotte wouldn't be too bad if I could save on shipping. I haven't gotten a quote for delivery yet, but I've read in other posts that it's pretty steep.

I'm just wondering how large this stuff is. Hopefully it'll fit in a SUV. I guess I could strap it on top if all else fails!

Post Thanks / Like

I am in no rush. Someone posted this picture of how 10' sections came delivered. I was thinking of ordering 2 or 4 of the 10' sections as Matt Johnson said he cut his down to just over 9'. I was quoted shipping from Chicago to CLT for $100 via Freight with the option of picking it up in ATL for free.

Possible options:
    1) If someone was already going to ATL and could pick them up for us
    2) We place a group order and we break the $100 shipping down
    3) One of us could drive to ATL to pickup the group order - I did back of the envelop math and I thought it would be about $50-60 in gas, and a 8hr day.

IMG_0357.JPG

Post Thanks / Like

Option #1 would be great, but if a few of us can do option #2 that would be almost as good!

Was your shipping quote for 10' sections, or a full roll? ...or does it matter?

Maybe the shipping will be about the same if they can fit everything on 1 pallet.

Post Thanks / Like

robskimeister, I am in Burlington too and also was looking at this HDPE material. Maybe we could connect, decide what we wanted and split shipping on a larger roll. Usually in the March timeframe, there is a TN mini that I have attended in Cleveland, TN (South of Knoxville). Thought of driving to ATL and then up (1.5 hrs) to Cleveland - but haven't quite decided yet. Joining in with the Charlotte contact is a possibility too. I have a truck so carrying it will not be a problem.
    Randy
    rjmcmasters@triad.rr.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default HDPE interest in Charlotte or NC?

I am in for 50 ft maybe 100.
    I'm in charlotte

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    3rd Year - 640 channels - 18,706 lights - 1 Lost Mind
    FACEBOOK: Fallatt's Charlotte Christmas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rando1957 View Post
    robskimeister, I am in Burlington too and also was looking at this HDPE material. Maybe we could connect, decide what we wanted and split shipping on a larger roll. Usually in the March timeframe, there is a TN mini that I have attended in Cleveland, TN (South of Knoxville). Thought of driving to ATL and then up (1.5 hrs) to Cleveland - but haven't quite decided yet. Joining in with the Charlotte contact is a possibility too. I have a truck so carrying it will not be a problem.
    Randy
    rjmcmasters@triad.rr.com
    Cool! Burlington is on the map! It's a small world!

Sounds like we may have enough interest for a "group" HDPE purchase!

We'll just have to figure out when everyone needs it, and where it'll be delivered/picked up.

I'm not in a hurry for mine. I was planning to buy it sometime in the spring, but anytime is fine. If I have to drive to Charlotte it would be better for me to get it sometime in April because I'll be in Charlotte around that time to ride the new Fury 325 giga coaster at Carowinds! Yeah baby!!

Post Thanks / Like

April sounds good. If everyone is ok with this I can organize this and go get what we need and store it at my home for pickup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    3rd Year - 640 channels - 18,706 lights - 1 Lost Mind
    FACEBOOK: Fallatt's Charlotte Christmas

Post Thanks / Like

You may want to look into the trip to Hudson Ohio the mfg sell's it for half the cost of McMaster and it sounds like you have enough interst to split the cost of gas. A pickup with 8ft box should hold 1000 to 1200 feet.
    2009 - 48 channel MegaTree 4800 lights
    plus 3200 lights static display.
    2010 - 6 Snowflakes on heavy equipment stored in front yard :-(
    2011 - 72 channel Megatree 7520 lights,
    120 channel total about 10k lights total

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast