Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SMS Messaging Application - Send SMS's to your Display

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Vixen Messaging Application - Email/SMS a message to your Matrix/Megatree

Quote Originally Posted by covewi View Post
    Switched to a Trail Twilo account. It works great. Thanks for all the help.
    Now I have to wait for the group buy on pixels and warm weather to build a matrix.
    Pixels won't be in group buys but in vendors stores. They are doing presales right now on pixels. Beware with presales you order now at a great price and then when the sale ends they place the order and it may take up to 6 months to receive your order. Check out diyledexpress their presale ends the 31st I believe. There are other vendors selling pixels but I personally use diyledexpress.

Sorry for the derail.

Travis

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Vixen Messaging Application - Email/SMS a message to your Matrix/Megatree

Travis - Thanks for the update... I will check that out.

Last edited by covewi; 01-17-2015 at 08:52 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Just posted the latest update in first post.

Post Thanks / Like

Added a countdown to the local messages. Just add a message and have the word "COUNTDOWN" in it and it will be replaced by the number of days until Christmas. COUNTDOWN is case sensitive and must be in uppercase. For example: COUNTDOWN days until Christmas. Remember any changes to the Local Messages must be saved.

Post Thanks / Like

A very nice addition to an already great program.... any chance to add a feature so messaging icons or small bit images will appear on the matrix?

Installed v3.1.5 after several install attempts the message " unhandled exception has occurred in you application. String was not redognized as a valid Date Time"
    Only after the word COUNTDOWN is typed as a local message all other messages work corrrectly.

Any help?
    Last edited by covewi; 01-20-2015 at 06:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

A very nice addition to an already great program.... any chance to add a feature so messaging icons or small bit images will appear on the matrix?

Installed v3.1.5 after several install attempts the message " unhandled exception has occurred in you application. String was not redognized as a valid Date Time"
    Only after the word COUNTDOWN is typed as a local message all other messages work corrrectly.

Any help?
    Ok, sorry about that and thanks. I didn't even think about the Date format, and I assume you are in the USA. You guys have the Day/Month the wrong way around or do we?

I will fix this up and I will add a box so you can enter your own date to count down too just in case you wanted to use it for a different holiday.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarmstr View Post
    Ok, sorry about that and thanks. I didn't even think about the Date format, and I assume you are in the USA. You guys have the Day/Month the wrong way around or do we?

I will fix this up and I will add a box so you can enter your own date to count down too just in case you wanted to use it for a different holiday.
    Hey covewi,

Just wondering if you can download the new one using the same link to 64bit version and test the Countdown time.

you will notice the Text page has changed slightly and I have a new feature, however it is disabled at the moment as I am currently working on it.

Cheers

Geoff

Post Thanks / Like

Geoff

Will check it out tonight (Chicago time).

Post Thanks / Like

Geoff

Will check it out tonight (Chicago time).
    Thanks Covewi,

I have just completed the new feature that allow you to select the number of lines the message will be displayed on. Vixen 3 allows for 4 lines so I have incorporated this. Vixen Messaging will automatically split the Local/Incoming Message evenly across the selected number of lines.

Could you please test this too.

Thanks

Geoff

Post Thanks / Like

Gnarmstr - has the "Days till Christmas" or any day Countdown working.
    Also multiple text lines works. You will have to play with the font size and line position to make it fit your matrix.

Thanks for you work.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast