Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help Repairing My Sagging Inflatables - Is Rejuvination Possible ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help Repairing My Sagging Inflatables - Is Rejuvination Possible ?

I have one of the old Santa Band inflatables. These are very collecatable and I love it. I don't want to let it end up in a trash can. The original motor is very strong but the thing is starting to sag (a lot). Santa is bending forward and so is the bear. I have checked it for general leaks and holes and cannot find any. But I can feel a lot of air coming out of the seams. I am thinking that some sort of waterproofing might be needed to seal this thing back up .. possibly sprayed on from the inside. But I don't want to pick anything like paint that would get stiff and ultimately crack.

Pic attached. Taken when it did not have any sagging problems. I have some 8' Santas and Snowmen that have similar issues.

Does anyone have experience with rejuvinating inflatables ?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks,
    Denny Cole, Cary N.C.

[URL]http://christmascarolina.com.com[/URL]
    224 Channels LOR, 48 Channels Renard DMX, 54 Channels DC DMX, 2 E681 Pixel Controllers
    42K Lights - Mostly Incandescent, 4 Mighty Mini RGB Spots, Pixel Strips, 2 CoroFlakes with 100 Smart Modules, 8 Large RGB Ornaments
    9 TIR Destiny RGB Spots, "Hopped Up" Blowmolds, Wireframes, Inflatables with External Light Control
    [URL="http://www.ColeFamilyChristmasLights.com"]www.ColeFamilyChristmasLights.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/URL]

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Help Repairing My Sagging Inflatables - Is Rejuvination Possible ?

I have read where 3M Scotchguard worked when sprayed on the fabric. haven't tried it myself.

Post Thanks / Like

i read a thread here or somewhere that fabric softener sprayed on it works. i haven't tried it but just being fabric softener dont see why it would hurt to try.

Post Thanks / Like

I appreciate the replies. I am curious if marine waterproofing would work. Has anyone tried ?
    Thanks,
    Denny Cole, Cary N.C.

[URL]http://christmascarolina.com.com[/URL]
    224 Channels LOR, 48 Channels Renard DMX, 54 Channels DC DMX, 2 E681 Pixel Controllers
    42K Lights - Mostly Incandescent, 4 Mighty Mini RGB Spots, Pixel Strips, 2 CoroFlakes with 100 Smart Modules, 8 Large RGB Ornaments
    9 TIR Destiny RGB Spots, "Hopped Up" Blowmolds, Wireframes, Inflatables with External Light Control
    [URL="http://www.ColeFamilyChristmasLights.com"]www.ColeFamilyChristmasLights.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/URL]

Post Thanks / Like

A few years back TLC had their Crazy Christmas Lights show and a guy had a ton of inflatables. He would sew them or his mother-in-law sewed them to repair them. If the seams are leaking means the stitches are losing their hold and may just need restitched.

Post Thanks / Like

[COLOR="#A52A2A"][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][B]Dark Yard again for 2017 [/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#008000"][SIZE=2] Still searching for more Time and Money[/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [COLOR="BLUE"][URL="https://www.facebook.com/KentuckyChristmas"]Display Facebook Page[/URL][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like

I used some spray silicone sealer to "fix" an 8 foot sagging snowman that I have. Sprayed it into the guy while inflated by giving it shots into the fan. Worked great and once dried it has remained for two years now and he still inflats great and is very firm so not much air is leaking out.

Rural Colorado, just East of the Denver Metro.
    Post Thanks / Like

The problem I started encountering this year is snow getting into the fans of the new DC (LED) inflatables. The fans now seem to be turning slower, even when dry so I'm going to see what I can do for lubrication of the fan or if I need to replace them.

Post Thanks / Like

I Know I had too respray my tent with this stuff that might also work wont wash off like the fabric softener will do in rain
    James WinterHaven Fl

Post Thanks / Like

I have a sagging 8 foot scooby. I have tried spraying with clear paint sealers and also tent sealer with no effect. Bill, What kind of silicone sealer did you use? I have fixed it by adding a second fan, however I would much rather go back to one fan!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast