Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vixen 2 conversion to vixen 3

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Vixen 2 conversion to vixen 3

I'm not sure that we ever tested against vixen 2.5. 2.5 was never that widely adopted so it wasn't a high priority in the importer development.

Post Thanks / Like

I imported my 2.5 sequences without issue.

2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q

Post Thanks / Like

Just found the error log... it says calculated channels 4744 vs actual 4745... I do have 4744. I have some unused and tried to map them and not map them..had same error both ways. Any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by funstick View Post
    Hey Jon,

Merry Christmas. Thank you for the information. I am going through the documentation and trying to piece it altogether when it comes to Vixen 3. I was able to convert my sequence and assign the elements to it now I need to see if it works live. I don't see any documentation on the hardware so here is my question: I am using a laptop with Windows 7 (64bit) and wanted to know if I can just run a network cable to my first Renard 24SS in the input network cable? And if so, what jumper pin do I set? I am currently using an old laptop running running V2 with a serial cable to my first controller. I know, this is an old school way of doing this. I am trying to get Vixen 3 up and running before I disassemble my display for the season. Thanks!
    I run my Renard SS from a Sandevices 682 or 6804. If from a 6804 you can set either of the 4 outputs to Renard. If using a 682, you need a jumper on one bank of 4 outputs to balance the output. The other catch is how to wire the SS. It's actually pretty easy. Using network cable you strip one end and only use the orange, orange stripe, blue and blue stripe wires. Cut off the rest. Then twist together the orange and orange stripe and that's the ground on the controller output. The blue wire is clock and the blue stripe wire is data. Connect the other end to the Renard input. Use a normal connector using all 8 wires. 4 of the wires aren't used but it's a pain trying to add a connector with just 4 wires.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WakeFan View Post
    Just found the error log... it says calculated channels 4744 vs actual 4745... I do have 4744. I have some unused and tried to map them and not map them..had same error both ways. Any ideas?
    Not sure that is a real error or just an informational message. It has been a long time since I looked at that code. How many channels are defined in the V3 display? It should not matter but I am gathering data.

2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.

Post Thanks / Like

I have 4744 in both Vixen 2 and Vixen 3. 6 of those are unused on both. I looked at the profile and didn't see anything strange.

Just going with 2.5 at the moment but maybe can figure it out before next season.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WakeFan View Post
    I have 4744 in both Vixen 2 and Vixen 3. 6 of those are unused on both. I looked at the profile and didn't see anything strange.

Just going with 2.5 at the moment but maybe can figure it out before next season.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Please open a ticket in the Vixen jira system. Attach a zipped copy of your V2 and V3 directories. I will take a look into this after Christmas.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12