Thread: LED Triks with TriksC not working well.

Post Thanks / Like

Default LED Triks with TriksC not working well.

Question. My Marquee is not running smoothly. It seems to play for a bit then pauses, continues to play, and so on. My first thought was the serial port settings. I have tried to change them all. No differences. It is currently set to 57600, 8, 1, none. I have also tried switching off of the serial port and tried a USB to serial converter. The same results. I'm not thinking it's the network cable because the sign is getting everything it's being sent. Just slow/laggy. I have also unplugged the wireless network to the computer to see if that makes a difference. It has not. Any suggestions? Not sure what to try next.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: LED Triks with TriksC not working well.

Just a suggestion, completely from left field, is the triksc.dat file correctly setup. I know that I made the mistake of not taking the defaults on one occasion when setting it up and I got similar results to what you are describing. Mine for two panels when opened in notepad looks like :-

com1:

Cheers,

Terry
    [B]"Tory Street Lights", Nelson, NZ[/B]
    [B]2013 - "Honourable Mention"[/B] - 2013 Local Christmas Lighting Competition
    [B]2013 :-[/B] 11 x Ren 64XC's - 650 Channels, 45,000+ lights. 7,000 or so LED's this year:-)
    ----------------------------------------------
    [B]"Lucky Home" [/B]- 2012 Local Christmas Lighting Competition
    [B]2012 :-[/B] 11 x Ren 64XC's - 550 Channels, 40,000+ lights. 2,500 or so LED's for the first time :-)
    -----------------------------------------------
    [B]2011:-[/B] 7 x Ren 64XC's - 384 Channels, 30,000+ lights - all incandescents! 2 x Commercial LED Panels (72x7)!
    ------------------------------------------------
    [B]"Supreme Winner for 2010" [/B]Local Christmas Lighting Competition, 4 x Ren 64's - 256 Channels Controlled by Vixen - "Brilliant" :-)
    18,000 to 20,000 Lights - all incandescents! 2 x LedTricks Panels with "Pix C" interface's
    [B]2009:- [/B]128 Channels of "Hill 320", 4,000 Lights

Post Thanks / Like

Just checked Terry. The triksc.dat is setup the same as yours

com29:

I have two panels but they are in the vertical format.
    Thanks for the input.

Post Thanks / Like

It was worth a go :-)

Cheers,

Terry

Post Thanks / Like

Here is some more info. I tried re-booting the marquee last night, changed the com port to Com1, turned off and on the port buffers, none of this has made a changes in the way it runs. The only other thing I can think of trying is changing the network cable I'm using. Anyone else have a suggestion?