Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: System Lagging - Preview unusable

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: System Lagging - Preview unusable

Did you make sure to reopen the sequence editor after making changes in display setup? Anytime you make a change in display setup, you need to reopen the sequence editor.

Yes you will have playback issues with CPU usage that high. I strongly reccomend exporting the final sequences to xlights and using that for the real playback.

Twinkle issues (and fast wipes me chases too) are usually related to a data problem in the pixel string itself. I'm fighting that in my own display. It has to do with rapidly changing data on the pixel wiring and noise.

-- Jon Chuchla --

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, we've narrowed down the problem to controllers. I REALLY don't think it is a computer issue... maybe, but let's look at things.

Try this:

1) Enable all the E1.31 controllers. Can you run without issues? If so, go to #2
    1a) If 1 didn't work, disable all of them again.
    1b) Enable one at a time, try to find one that causes the issues.
    2) Disable everything except the Renard controller. Does this slow down everything?

Let me know.
    Derek

[URL="https://www.facebook.com/backuslights"][IMG]http://www.kiwimill.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/facebook.png[/IMG][/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like

Its back to doing it even with the controllers disabled. In my task manager it is showing my CPU at 95-100% usage....vixen shows it at 85% with 200 mb of data use. I'm not going to be able to use preview I don't think
    2012: First year, 104 renard channels
    2013: 280 Renard Channels, 1050 Pixel Channels (2 x E6804)
    2014: Going pixel crazy!

[URL="www.strotherfamilychristmas.com"]www.strotherfamilychristmas.com[/URL]

Post Thanks / Like

How complex are these sequences? How big is the tim file?

--Jon Chuchla--

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jchuchla View Post
    How complex are these sequences? How big is the tim file?

--Jon Chuchla--

1900 KB was the higher of the two but the other one is 1500 KB but I have some video clips on the mega tree (frozen), not sure if the video counts in the .tim size.

So I did some googling and found some people that had issues with some programs with running the graphics card that I had (ie 100% CPU usage). I tried to update drivers, update motherboard bios, etc. and none of those changed anything. Finally I opened up the case and completely removed the graphics card. Now I'm running the larger sequence (1900 KB) at less than 30% and the frozen one with video at less than 50%. I am not noticing any lag and I have ran it several times to be sure. Is it really possible that running dual processor/pci card graphics caused larger CPU usage by V3?

Post Thanks / Like

Those are pretty small sequence files. Are you sure that's KB and not MB? Most of mine are much larger than yours and I've got a lot less channels. I don't think the video files count in the sequence file size, but it certainly impacts the performance. It has to render that video down to pixel data on the fly every time it plays.
    Regarding your video card, I think your performance gains from reseating the card have more to do with the fact that you rebooted your machine in the process thereby clearing the memory.
    It's possible that your card/drivers aren't doing everything in hardware that it should be doing and it's offloading too much to the main processor. If I recall, the vixen preview uses "direct 2D" or D2D to render the preview. Do you see any tweaking settings in your graphics card utility for that? Otherwise vixen doesn't use any special video card hardware features. It lets windows decide what resources to use.

--Jon Chuchla--

Post Thanks / Like

Those are pretty small sequence files. Are you sure that's KB and not MB? Most of mine are much larger than yours and I've got a lot less channels. I don't think the video files count in the sequence file size, but it certainly impacts the performance. It has to render that video down to pixel data on the fly every time it plays.
    Regarding your video card, I think your performance gains from reseating the card have more to do with the fact that you rebooted your machine in the process thereby clearing the memory.
    It's possible that your card/drivers aren't doing everything in hardware that it should be doing and it's offloading too much to the main processor. If I recall, the vixen preview uses "direct 2D" or D2D to render the preview. Do you see any tweaking settings in your graphics card utility for that? Otherwise vixen doesn't use any special video card hardware features. It lets windows decide what resources to use.

--Jon Chuchla--

Yea your right because it's back to lagging again. I don't see any of those mentioned in the system settings. Man this is a bummer, putting this machine together just for lights this is the last problem I thought I would have.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like

Post your whole profile to a Dropbox link or similar and pm the link to me.

--Jon Chuchla--

Post Thanks / Like

Post your whole profile to a Dropbox link or similar and pm the link to me.

--Jon Chuchla--

sent. thanks for your help!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123