Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Outputs freezing and serious lag

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Outputs freezing and serious lag

posting to bookmark
    2012: First year, 104 renard channels
    2013: 280 Renard Channels, 1050 Pixel Channels (2 x E6804)
    2014: Going pixel crazy!

[URL="www.strotherfamilychristmas.com"]www.strotherfamilychristmas.com[/URL]

Post Thanks / Like

thought that also Jon but if I run vix3 it doesn't happen or the1/4 chase or shimmer in the xlight test so cant be the hardware

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still leaning toward hardware. In the form of dmx line noise. It might not be the case. But that's where my technician gut is pointed given those symptoms.

--Jon Chuchla--

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Not true. Capacitance in the data line will cause problems as a function of the data pattern going through the signal wire. Some patterns may work fine, others may fail in unexpected ways. Moisture adds capacitance to the system.

2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q

Post Thanks / Like

you guys know better than me sounds like your talking Chinese it did snow than rain here

Post Thanks / Like

wanted to run the show so went back to vix3 scheduler and now so far running about 2 hrs with out any lagging or freezing keeping my fingers crossed

Post Thanks / Like

vstar,

When you played the Vixen2 file, did you have Vixen3 open on any computer that could access the same DMX universe? If so, that was the cause of your flickering. Vixen 3 sends a constant data stream of zeros when it is not playing a sequence

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ebrady View Post
    vstar,

When you played the Vixen2 file, did you have Vixen3 open on any computer that could access the same DMX universe? If so, that was the cause of your flickering. Vixen 3 sends a constant data stream of zeros when it is not playing a sequence
    no Ed ran into that problem once before and all the lights flickered this time just the ones in the first universe will check it again tomorrow
    ran the show tonight with vix3 scheduler and did not see any problems kept checking on it and didn't see any problems was a clear day today 35degrees maybe rain or the moisture was effecting it some how idont know but thanks again for every ones help hope it stays stable vixen 3 is great makes it so easy to sequence
    John

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234