Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Outputs freezing and serious lag

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Outputs freezing and serious lag

Thanks for providing the profile. I'll take a look at it. Just to confirm, which version of V3 are you using?

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

One thing I noticed right away is it appears these have been converted from V2. You need to go through and clean up a lot of the effects the conversion will create. At 50 seconds in in Wizards in Winter, there is what could be an alternating effect on the whole house outline instead of a bunch of set levels on all the sub element groups in the House Outline. On some rows there are duplicate set levels at the exact same time. All of these extra effects will hamper the performance greatly. Any V2 sequence imported needs to be reviewed and have the effects simplified. There is no benefit to convert and run. The import is designed as a starting point.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sjswanner View Post
    I have converted my sequences to X-Lights and everything works fine.
    I would rather use Vixen3 for the ease and simplicity of it but this will work for now.
    Unfortunately, we've done the same thing this year. On the upside, we've had 0 crashes for 2 nights now using the XLights scheduler unlike the numerous crashes using Vixen. Still sequencing in Vixen, have for 7 years now, and hoping that next year will be THE YEAR that all will be well and we can use 1 piece of software again :-)
    Michelle
    [URL="http://www.ReddingLights.com"]http://www.ReddingLights.com[/URL]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like

I am using Vixen 3.1u1
    The show did run fine tonight with Xlights

Post Thanks / Like

Im running 3.1u2 as a last ditch effort to get Vixen 3 running better. Before I couldn't do anything as ram usage would max out and crash. This is the beta version but it is running much better for me. Problem is, the output stops after a couple rotations although the scheduler still plays without any issues. The lights just freeze on the last signal it processed. I moved over all programming to my Xeon, 8g, win 7 pro machine so I have more than enough machine for my 8000 RGB channels (I think).

I love using Vixen 3 but keeping it running is very challenging. sjsswanner says he converted everything to xlights, it there a way to convert vixen 3 to xlights? Xlights performs better but harder to program with granularity and detail.

thanks,

sick xmas

Post Thanks / Like

I am trying to track this down, can you go into task manager when it locks up and right click on the Vixen Administration process and choose create dump file. It will be big, but can you post it to dropbox or something like that so I can get it and review what is going on.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a dropbox link https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dkqva080k...kJ42Wwxba?dl=0. I have never used dropbox so not sure if this will give you access. I manually stopped the sequence before I created .dmp file so hopefully that doesn't matter.

thanks,

sick xmas (shawn)

Post Thanks / Like

i am also having the same problems how did you convert your files in xlights cant figure it out want to give that a try see if it will run without lag or freezing
    thanks John

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Guys

FYI: I have 5 Renard outputs running for my show. Typically 3 will drop out part way through the show. By drop out, I mean the data light on my PX1s goes dark. When I shut down V3 and restart, all is fine for about 15 minutes then dongles start dropping out again. I also convert to xlights to play my show.

Jon, I have not opened a ticket because I just ran into this last weekend and this thread seems to cover my issue. What I am adding here is the symptom that the engine stops sending all data to a USB dongle (but not always all dongles go down) and the OS clearly still has control of the drivers on the Dongles.

Martin
    Last edited by MartinMueller2003; 12-03-2014 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Spelling error

2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q

Post Thanks / Like

Are you also using serial devices on win 8.1?

--Jon Chuchla--

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast