Thread: Vixen 3 and PX1

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vixen 3 and PX1

I'm new. Can someone give me a step by step how to setup Vixen 3 for a PX1? There seems to be a steep learning curve.

Thanks.
    Last edited by BigChuck; 11-14-2014 at 09:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Vixen 3 and PX1

first off you need your cord too connect too the computer then check your com port in your device manager see what port it is using and set your baud rate too that of your px-1 plug in your px-1 too computer open vixen go into your setup display add your elements on left side and your px-1 controller on right side down near bottom right side you see a little round deal point at it says configure go in there and set what port you com is on and what baud rate you have set ( default is 115200) then click ok and attach each channel from left side too right side too the channel you want too control in your px-1 on right side hope that helps you some
    James WinterHaven Fl

Post Thanks / Like

I had figured out how to set the baud rate. The indicator light told me I had it wrong initially, now it is good.

Setting up the elements and channels is where I'm lost. I have a string of 50 RGB WS2811. So that should be 150 channels right? So how many elements do I need, 50? What kind, generic numbered group?

Thanks for the help.

Post Thanks / Like

It's 50 elements. Set up as RGB. And you'll have 150 channels on the output controller. Patch 50 elements to 150 channels.

--Jon Chuchla--

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

create 50 vixen elements. set the color handling to rgb mixed colors (bottom selection). this sets your 50 elements up to use 150 channels on the renard controller.

martin

2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q

Post Thanks / Like

I got it working!

I don't know why, but I used the other end of my string for the input, and that did the trick. I don't know why it worked, as I thought the data line was a bus. I'm sure someone else here knows why it worked.

Thanks for the help. I'm sure I'll need more in the future.

Post Thanks / Like

Pixel data lines are definitely directional. You have to feed it in the right end. Most pixels have an arrow on the board indicating the direction.

-- Jon Chuchla --

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I found some PX1 boards we purchased years ago, assembled them and now trying to use them in VIXEN. Any documentation on setting them up in VIXEN?

Post Thanks / Like

PX1s are renard based pixel controllers. So to use them with vixen, you'll set up a renard output controller and patch your elements to it appropriately.