Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2x2 Ledtrix Panel

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2x2 Ledtrix Panel

Well I finally completed my Ledtrix panel. Drilling and soldiering over 3000 LED's was sure a lot of fun, I didnt think I as ever going to finish it. Over the last 24 hours I have been trouble shooting all the problems with it, I have nearly all the LED problems fixed.

The last major problem is driving me crazy. First of all let me tell you the panel is a 2x2 panel meaning it is 96 columns by 32 rows. I tested each section independantly and each section work perfect by itself.

Here is where it starts getting strange and I cant figure it out. When I go the LEdtrix/board layout and tell it the panel is a 1x4 and I add text the text scrolls from section 4 to section 3 then section 2 and finally section 1 just like it should. When i go to the Ledtrix/board layout and tell it that the panel is a 2x2 panel and add text the text starts off perfect, the text is 32 characters high and start with sections 2 and 4 like it should, when the text should move to sections 1 and 3 the output of section 3 shows up on section 2. Section 1 displays the top of the text just fine. I hope that makes sense. I am not sure if it a bug or what.

If anyone else has a 2x2 panel I would love to know if it works ok so I can continue trouble shooting, at this point I dont know what else to try. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 2x2 Ledtrix Panel

So, is this what is happening??
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

yes, thats it. Thanks for the graphics, all i could think of was possibly posting video.

Post Thanks / Like

Did you check the cat5 cable on the output of pannel 1 to pannel 2?

If you switch the controllers does it still do it?

Post Thanks / Like

The cable is ok, I know that because part of my trouble shooting early on turned out to be a bad patch cable I had 20 to choose from and I picked up a bad one, that threw me for a loop for a little while. I didnt think it could be the controller because when I pick the 1x4 output the controller works fine, but I will switch them around tommorow to totally rule the controller out. Thanks for the ideas.

Post Thanks / Like

Next thing is try changinng the board settings (the jumper ) on board 2 try setting it to 3

Post Thanks / Like

I have now swapped controllers around, still no output on panel 3. Nice idea on swapping jumpers around, I changed each controller to jumper 3 and everytime the controller that was set to 3 nothing was outputed to that panel, the other 3 panels would get data. It has to be a software problem because the second I change the configuration to a 1x4 layout, all 4 panels get data.

Post Thanks / Like

One more thing to check is pin 4 of the pc to controller cable. I believe that controlls panel 3

Post Thanks / Like

Cable checks out ok. The thing that messes with me is all the panels work ok when I use the 1x4 layout. Unfortunatly I built the display as a 2x2.

Post Thanks / Like

can you set the controllers to 2 and 4 and get the right output

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast