Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aliexpress (Including RayWu) purchases this later in the season.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Aliexpress (Including RayWu) purchases this later in the season.

I have what I need for the season, but if I get all my sequences rendered before early Dec, I'm tempted (like last year) to start trying some new constructions for next year,

Instead of paying through the nose for US sourced stuff, what are people's experiences purchasing items for Ray et al this close to the season?

/Fran
    Last edited by burtonmadness; 11-10-2014 at 03:46 PM. Reason: typo

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Aliexpress (Including RayWu) purchases this later in the season.

DONT DO IT

he is WAY too unreliable!
    if you order from ANY Chinese vendor, make sure to do it before August (if you want your stuff before October)
    -just my opinion

matter of fact, i am looking for a NEW vendor for 2015.. Ray Wu is not the choice (after 6 years of excuses, delays, and "production issues") im through with him. after I get my last order (Im still waiting)
    all pix <70 univ)

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered late last year, mid November from Ray and had all the items in less than a week. Found that a few items had been missed from the order and after a few email back a forward had them on the door step three days later.

Have never had a problem with Ray as of yet (cross fingers) and am about to order a few backup power supplies tonight.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
    DONT DO IT

he is WAY too unreliable!
    if you order from ANY Chinese vendor, make sure to do it before August (if you want your stuff before October)
    -just my opinion

matter of fact, i am looking for a NEW vendor for 2015.. Ray Wu is not the choice (after 6 years of excuses, delays, and "production issues") im through with him. after I get my last order (Im still waiting)
    Try this vendor. I have had good luck and fast shipping from him. He will work with you on pricing for larger orders too.

http://stores.ebay.com/movsun

Post Thanks / Like

I just got some stuff from Ray about a week ago. 7 days from order to doorstep, including a weekend in there.. The trick is getting him to respond the first time. Once he does that, usually it all works out rather quickly. About the same speed as ordering ground shipping from NY to Calif.

I do have to admit though, Ray has been slipping a bit. But he has never once taken care of any issue and has always done the custom work I wanted.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cullen_ryan View Post
    I ordered late last year, mid November from Ray and had all the items in less than a week. Found that a few items had been missed from the order and after a few email back a forward had them on the door step three days later.

Have never had a problem with Ray as of yet (cross fingers) and am about to order a few backup power supplies tonight.

Same here and I'm putting in another big order today/tomorrow. Have him change shipping to DHL and usually get it pretty quickly

Tory
    Happy to Show support;
    Xlights/Nutcracker and The Falcon Team [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THurrle View Post
    Try this vendor. I have had good luck and fast shipping from him. He will work with you on pricing for larger orders too.

http://stores.ebay.com/movsun
    thank you. i will give them a try next year...
    this Ray guy is not even answering my emails nor live chat, nothing...
    what a scam
    all pix <70 univ)

Post Thanks / Like

thank you. i will give them a try next year...
    this Ray guy is not even answering my emails nor live chat, nothing...
    what a scam

A Scam?? Because he is really busy? with the time difference I don't get my panties in a bunch if I don't here from here for a day.. But we have gone back and forth for the last week on getting my order right, all due to changes, additions that I kept making. But since I had no issues in my large shipment last year, I don't expect any this year. But he is busy!!

Tory
    Happy to Show support;

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Livermore-Dad View Post
    A Scam?? Because he is really busy? with the time difference I don't get my panties in a bunch if I don't here from here for a day.. But we have gone back and forth for the last week on getting my order right, all due to changes, additions that I kept making. But since I had no issues in my large shipment last year, I don't expect any this year. But he is busy!!

Tory
    Tory,
    you are absolutely correct. he is busy.
    but does that warrant in any capacity to give customers poor or non existent service?

i know that he has a history of not hitting shipping dates. and i do generally plan for that.
    but my primary issue comes from lack of honest communication. if any vendor expects to be paid, do you not think they should earn it? of course!

i personally, do not think for one minute that not hitting shipping dates is a management issue. if rays business is not hitting shipping dates, and he is not taking responsibility in all cases for his business, it has to call in to question ones integrity. do you not agree?

i have read that many DIYC'ers here have received replacement orders within a couple weeks... i personally have never experienced that. it has always been at least 2 months.
    which will pretty much cancel my display this year. if it takes 2 months (currently 45 days) to get my replacement parts to me. that will give me less than a week before thanksgiving to replace over 300 individual pixels. not to mention the rest of the pixels that have to be replaced.
    i estimate this will take me at least 2 weeks to complete. leaving less than 2 weeks before Christmas.. not worth it.

this of course is just my opinion, your results may vary from state to state, batteries not included.
    /Ken
    all pix <70 univ)

Post Thanks / Like

Tory,
    you are absolutely correct. he is busy.
    but does that warrant in any capacity to give customers poor or non existent service?

i know that he has a history of not hitting shipping dates. and i do generally plan for that.
    but my primary issue comes from lack of honest communication. if any vendor expects to be paid, do you not think they should earn it? of course!

i personally, do not think for one minute that not hitting shipping dates is a management issue. if rays business is not hitting shipping dates, and he is not taking responsibility in all cases for his business, it has to call in to question ones integrity. do you not agree?

i have read that many DIYC'ers here have received replacement orders within a couple weeks... i personally have never experienced that. it has always been at least 2 months.
    which will pretty much cancel my display this year. if it takes 2 months (currently 45 days) to get my replacement parts to me. that will give me less than a week before thanksgiving to replace over 300 individual pixels. not to mention the rest of the pixels that have to be replaced.
    i estimate this will take me at least 2 weeks to complete. leaving less than 2 weeks before Christmas.. not worth it.

this of course is just my opinion, your results may vary from state to state, batteries not included.
    /Ken
    Absolutely Ken, I will agree with most of your points. But when you cite "Scam" that indicates that monies are taken and product is not delivered, or that cheaper products tend to arrive. Non of which is the case. (and I'm not including product that fails in this generalism) The fact is that Ray can and does many custom one off items for folks, all you have to do is ask. You are not going to find that widespread. So while I agree he needs to up his response time, and hire a few folks to help him "during our hours?!" etc. But I think you overstepped when you slipped in Scam there.

Scam is the recent LED debacle with the ebay seller. I could not, would not use that term when talking about Ray Wu.

Thanks
    Tory
    Happy to Show support;

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast