Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LED String Light Question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: LED String Light Question

big lots has pretty good deal 13.50 for 120 m5 leds they come two strings to a box .Last year I got them 3.19 box cleaned them out

Post Thanks / Like

I have a few commercial LED strands that have 3 color rotary switch selectors for chasing or single color modes. I use them in wire frame spiral trees. Could I unsolder the factory controller and set them up on my e682 fairly easy?

Post Thanks / Like

You will need to give us a bit more information. Do you have model number? Manufacturer? A picture of the wires coming out of the controller and a short video of the lights in action? The description you gave does not sound like a pixel but we would have to have more data to help you out.

2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, I will have to get them out when I get home. One tree was red, one was blue and the 3rd was green. I can't remember if I set them up that way or bought them in those colors? So if they are single color LEDs with pattern effects only, what simple controller works for that? I'm pretty sure they are addressable since you can make them chase. I know I need more controllers and possibly one or two for non-addressable single color LED.

Post Thanks / Like

need a vid of thw chase, i bet it is a three or four string chase

2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TomsLEDs View Post
    Okay, I will have to get them out when I get home. One tree was red, one was blue and the 3rd was green. I can't remember if I set them up that way or bought them in those colors? So if they are single color LEDs with pattern effects only, what simple controller works for that? I'm pretty sure they are addressable since you can make them chase. I know I need more controllers and possibly one or two for non-addressable single color LED.
    A bunch of these types of lights use some sort of encoding in the power wire that causes the every x leds to light up. Break open the controller and see what is in there!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12