Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vixen 3 export for Falcon FPP...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vixen 3 export for Falcon FPP...

I am not sure who the developers are for Vixen 3 but can you tell me if and when you plan to create a .fseq export to use the falcon player as my show computer? I am at the Academy in Texas and Vixen 3 appears to be the only major sequencer that cannot export yet it is my sequencer of choice and I do not want to redo my entire show in another sequencer.

Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Vixen 3 export for Falcon FPP...

Export from vixen 3 is a planned feature. But when it might happen is up in the air. There's a few steps that need to happen before exporting can happen.
    The reason vixen 3 operates differently (and many would say better) than all other sequencers is the same reason that makes exporting difficult. That's because nowhere in the vixen 3 system is any stored data in a fixed timeslice format. That only gets generated in real time by the execution engine when you hit play.
    There is one interim solution out there. It involves reconfiguring (or making a second set of) all of your output controllers to use sACN. And then using a 3rd party utility to record that sACN playback to a file. I don't remember if it's to xseq or fseq format, but in either case it's easily converted afterwards. Search for e131 or sACN recorder and the link should turn up here on the forum.

--Jon Chuchla--

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

My show had some "stutter" during sections of high activity and I pretty much ruled out the issue being the controllers (e682) I am only using 7000 channels. I want to still use vixen3 for sequencing but would like to use a linux based player like the Falcon Pi for playback to see if I could get rid of the stutter. My show is going to have much higher visibilty this year. Can you tell me how creating the export ranks in your priorities?

Post Thanks / Like

It's very high on the priority list. However it involves work that only Michael has the knowledge to work on. And he has been quite busy lately. So I can't tell you when it might be done.
    The sACN recorder workaround may not work for you if you're getting stutter. Because that stutter will get recorded as well. If you can streamline your system so it can play once stutter free you may be able to get it recording. This would involve closing all other apps that are running, temporarily disabling the preview, etc. it would also work best if you recorded it from the scheduler rather than the sequencer. You have better chances for stable playback from the scheduler than the sequencer because it's not trying to do all the work to draw the timeline screen.

--Jon Chuchla--

Post Thanks / Like

Ok thanks for response. Hopefully he sees this thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh he's well aware of the urgency. But it is a big task. And it's disruptive to the rest of the app. So it'll take a while.

--Jon Chuchla--

Post Thanks / Like

Jon,

Where is the current source code for Vixen 3?

Post Thanks / Like

Nevermind, I found it: https://github.com/sall/vixen.

Quote Originally Posted by idleup View Post
    Jon,

Where is the current source code for Vixen 3?

Post Thanks / Like

First and foremost - to all those working on Vixen 3 - THANK YOU!
    I've been through all the documentation, videos, etc. and can't wait to see what will come into V3 next.

Thank you also for keeping us up to date with the export routine. This is a biggie now that the Falcon Pi Player (and all the possibilities it brings to the show) is in the mix.

Once again, your time and talents are most appreciated.
    Live, Laugh, Love.

10. Likes davrus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So I have to ask.... What is it that makes the FPP so attractive? It does look like a great solution but I just want to get a handle on the main reason that everyone wants to go in that direction. This is by no means a bash on FPP. I'm just trying to gauge why it's so attractive.
    I got myself a show PC to run V3 last year for about the same money as a fully configured FPP. And it's vastly more powerful than an rPI.
    So what is it? The size? The features? Or just the novelty?

--Jon Chuchla--

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast