Thread: LED misfires? Troubleshooting suggestions - video - Resolve

Post Thanks / Like

Default LED misfires? Troubleshooting suggestions - video - Resolve

Since my previous post with video I have switched to a desktop 850 Mhz running a bare bones XP SP2 install. This install and computer is what I used with the Horning dimmer in 2006.

It appears to be performing better, however I have noticed misfires as noted in the video (see top row). Also I noticed that 1 column appears to be very very dimly lit while a sequence is running. I will be switching out chips and controllers to find out if there is a chip that is leaking a small amount of current on that anode bus.

Based on other people's video the LED misfires appear to be only an issue for me at this point.

EDIT 8.23.2007 - RESOLVED
    I had to review my connections from the board to pannel. Found that a cathod row was lose, but not disconnected. I resoldered all the connections and found the issue to be resolved. Also determined that through testing several LEDs in a column had become bad and appeared to be shorting out internally. Replaced these LEDs and issues resolved.

ms
    Matt Stemple

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good Test Sequence

Does anyone have a good test sequence they can post here?
    Matt Stemple

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Recheck all the chips on the controll board and your rj45 conections,I have had that random line thing caused by a bad/loose crimp in a cat5

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronp
    Recheck all the chips on the controll board and your rj45 conections,I have had that random line thing caused by a bad/loose crimp in a cat5
    I have something odd on one anode connection for sure, I think it is in the matrix somewhere and not in the pcb. I switched out the PCB and CHIPs with another set. Same issue. I switched anodes and found same thing.

My test pattern is all one, with 4 in the suspect corner turned off. 2 of the 4 actually turn off. I repeated this on the other anode and all 4 turn off. So I have some more digging to do. Might remake the board connection wire for that side.
    Matt Stemple