Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 900mm Tomato Cage Spiral MiniTrees

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 900mm Tomato Cage Spiral MiniTrees

Thanks for posting some pics rfallat. I would have, ideally, bought some of those spiral trees that you see at wal-mart and then just retro fit them with pixels but too late on that. I think that will get the best look.
    The tomato cages are good for the smaller trees but I would like to do some taller 5' ones so I am trying to figure out the best construction method for the bones of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Kinda the look I'm going for. I was planning on using 75 nodes with James strips on a standard tomato cage, so it would have an actual round spiral. I think that will be perfect
    2012: 24 channels with 1 Renardss24 * 2013: 48 channels with 2 Renardss24's * 2014: Took the year off * 2015: Life Got in the Way
    2016: 1000 Channels for Halloween, mix of A/C, RGB, Pixels. Christmas over 17 universes, all Pixels, oh boy...

Post Thanks / Like

I need to look and see if I can find some larger tomato cages because I think that is definitely the easiest for sure. With James' strips, which I used on my MT this year, it will be extremely easy.

Post Thanks / Like

It isn't hard make them similar to the frames I used. More so if you have access to a welder, but that is not mandatory. I made my 900mm wreath using 4mm wire strapped together with 1mm wire. I then added small amount of kneadit to lock them.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    [B][I]Matt[/I][/B]

You too can become a Supporting member of DIYC.
    Check it out [URL="http://doityourselfchristmas.com/forums/payments.php"]here[/URL]

I record my Blinky Flashy travels here: [URL="http://MyNoelLights.com"]MyNoelLights.com[/URL]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123