Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Vixen 3 Lip Sync Overview

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Vixen 3 Lip Sync Overview

The bug related to changing things while paused has been fixed, but the fix is probably not in Ed's version. Work is in progress to produce a new Dev Build, which hopefully will include both the "pause" bug fix, and Ed's Lip Sync new feature.

2. Thanks codec101 thanked for this post
    Likes codec101 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have added Overview Video #4 to the top of this thread , it goes over a new feature - Lip Sync for Mega Tree / Pixel Matrix and discusses some other usability enhancements made to the latest version of the Lip Sync module. I included links to my personal builds if you want to preview the functionality now, but the "Official" build from the development team should be ready soon.

Ed

4. Likes codec101, davrus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ed,
    Just watched the 4th video. Now you have me thinking I didn't order enough pixels. 48 x 48 hanging matrix? Sure thing.
    Good stuff. Looking forward to using it.
    Live, Laugh, Love.

6. Thanks ebrady thanked for this post
    Likes ebrady liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hah! Sorry for the troubles I've caused...

Quote Originally Posted by algerdes View Post
    Ed,
    Just watched the 4th video. Now you have me thinking I didn't order enough pixels. 48 x 48 hanging matrix? Sure thing.
    Good stuff. Looking forward to using it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ebrady View Post
    I included links to my personal builds if you want to preview the functionality now, but the "Official" build from the development team should be ready soon.

Ed
    Ed, great work. Vixen 3 is quickly becoming the best sequencing software out there. Do you know if they are going to 'refresh' the nutcracker portion and get it up to date with the base Nutcracker? When I compare the version in Vixen to the main Nutcracker I notice a number of missing Effects. There are also features missing. One example is the ability to use two effects and having one as the mask for the other.

Post Thanks / Like

+!!

Quote Originally Posted by tripplett View Post
    Ed, great work. Vixen 3 is quickly becoming the best sequencing software out there. Do you know if they are going to 'refresh' the nutcracker portion and get it up to date with the base Nutcracker? When I compare the version in Vixen to the main Nutcracker I notice a number of missing Effects. There are also features missing. One example is the ability to use two effects and having one as the mask for the other.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tripplett View Post
    Thanks triplett

I am not sure about what the plans are for nutcracker as I have not heard any discussions on it recently. Someone else from the Dev team will need to chime in on what the plans are, if any, for a refresh this year.

I am hoping to complete my plans for a megatree and/or matrix this year. If so, it will be something I will be interested in also.

Ed

Post Thanks / Like

The latest version of Nutcracker, as well as the dev trajectory would be really nice if a way to incorporate into V3. I've some props that are easy to setup and program with V3, not so much with Nutcracker (for some of the effects). Yet the latest version of Nutcracker has some really awesome effects..

I hope we can hear from the dev team a roadmap for the rest of the year.

Post Thanks / Like

OK, so for all you fine folks out there who have taken time to try out this functionality and provide feedback THANK YOU! You "bravery" has helped find a number of issues with the code and provided valuable feedback. If you haven't look at it yet, I encourage you to come on over to the "Light Side"

My time is becoming limited as I have two other major Christmas projects going on right now, so I wanted to hear from you on what you feel are the most important features are missing. I figure with a list in hand, I can organize my efforts and spend time where it yield the biggest bang for the buck this year.

So far here is a list based upon your feedback in no particular order.

#1 - Add the ability for the Lip Sync Map to be used as a mask for other effects. For each element in the map, instead of picking a static color, allow the user to specify another Sequencer Row which contains the effect(s) to use. This would allow for more sophisticated effects to be specified for Lip sync elements. (i.e. Color Gradients, Random Eye blinking, alternating colors, etc).

#2 - Modify the text converter to insert phonemes based upon marks made at word syllable divisions. - This will make using the Tapper function much more easier to use. The user would then be able to tap out marks based upon the Lyric's "beat" vs having to consciously think about word start/end locations.

#3 - Allow phonemes to be grouped into a single logic unit representing a word. This "Word" effect would act as a master to its associated phonemes and would allow them to be more easily managed as a group.

#4 - Add new mapping functionality to control Servos for Animatronics.

#5 - ???????

Ed

Post Thanks / Like

What a contribution you have made for this year. I've been only able to watch so far as I'm trying to get my 4th stuff done...

#1 on your list would be my #1. In review, I was thinking the colors would be rather restricted when using Pixels and this would really open up possibilities. I would hope there is a way to specify a row / element by Name so a form of indirect effects could be used. That would really open up (literally) special effects around eyes and mouth... (or heck the outline as well).

#3 Would be next in my opinion. With some song elements having a complex Phoneme set, I think the grouping would be kewl.

I would request a Zig-zag option be looked at for the matrix. To reduce wiring on matrix panels this is really a "must have". I'm working on a matrix this year and the rows will certainly be a zigzag in nature. For Me, I plan to use a E682 which can fix this at the controller level, but not sure about everyone else.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast