Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help understanding error

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need help understanding error

Here is a question for the development team...

Yesterday I started getting this error in the log while working on LipSync support for Vixen3.

Code:
    05/13/2014 07:57:25 [Vixen.Sys.Modules] Tried to load module of type LipSyncMapDescriptor from LipSyncMap.dll, but the descriptor does not implement IModuleDescriptor. 
    05/13/2014 07:57:25 [Vixen.Sys.Modules] Tried to load module of type LipSyncDescriptor from LipSync.dll, but the descriptor does not implement IModuleDescriptor. 
    05/13/2014 07:57:25 [Vixen.Sys.Modules] Tried to load module of type LipSyncMapDescriptor from LipSyncMap.dll, but the descriptor does not implement IModuleDescriptor. 
    05/13/2014 07:57:25 [Vixen.Sys.Modules] Tried to load module of type SetLevelDescriptor from SetLevel.dll, but the descriptor does not implement IModuleDescriptor. 
    05/13/2014 07:57:26 [Vixen.Sys.Modules] Tried to load module of type LipSyncMapDescriptor from LipSyncMap.dll, but the descriptor does not implement IModuleDescriptor.
    I have not made any changes to any of these descriptor classes recently so I am a little puzzled. This code has worked well to date. After some additional investigation, I found that the LipSync Effect module (classes referenced by LipSyncDescriptor) no longer executes and breakpoints no longer work. (Neither does the SetLevel command).

Latest code is checked in to my parrot branch - Commit ID 1e831c12dec4dbd73df926a2c7d70bf47c41bf40 (Please note, this version is not finished and has some known issues).

Any help understanding what is going on is appreciated.

Ed

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Need help understanding error

Whats your github name ? Ive looked here and on the dev group and cannot find it.

Post Thanks / Like

My GitHub name is ebrady1. Repository is vixen, forked from sall/vixen

Post Thanks / Like

Back tracking thru previous commits, I found that the bug started with commit 02fbc2f285e41991bcce6f691b174b5eaa43f78f
    Unfortunately, there were a lot of changes this commit, but at least it is a starting point.

Previous commit, "worked" and did not report the error - commit cf3ee69af781e36b22afdf38919d9f21a72d6b3d

Post Thanks / Like

HMM... Ok, I removed the Reference to Vixen for the project LipSyncMap, then added it back and rebuilt. That seems to have gotten rid of the build errors, but it doesn't really make any sense as to why. All the paths looked ok, unless I just glanced at them to quickly.

It does crash when I try to use anything other than the import, but its got it building and running it appears...

Post Thanks / Like

But... after cleaning the solution and rebuilding Im getting alot of path no found errors, still digging into those

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. I have not seen the path or compile issue on my end though.

Post Thanks / Like

Could be my end only, but what I found was that one of the output paths for the 64 bit output was only set to bin\something, not the release folder, I updated that to the proper folder, then for LipSyncMap, unset, and reset the reference to LipSync, and for the Time sequence editor.

This could have been something on my end, I restarted VS2013 and it appears to be working now. Are you still having issues after resetting the reference and updating the x64 output path for (i dont remember which project), I probably only noticed this if Im using 64 and your using 32 maybe ? Not sure, but its running on my end, if your still having issues Ill be glad to revert the changes Im made and make better notes on what I didn't really do to resolve it :D

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I will check my end and get back to you shortly. I am using 32, have not tried 64 in a while.

Just to confirm, you are no longer seeing the message in the error log? That is the real indication that everything is working as it should.

Post Thanks / Like

I get the normal warnings that have been there, without looking at each one I cant be 100%, but here is my build output on x86, for a clean build. It executes and runs, I can look and play with all the work you've done as well, although since Im not familiar with using this type of display, I don't where where to start with it to test other than building and running.

1>------ Build started: Project: Vixen, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    2>------ Build started: Project: FMOD, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    2> FMOD -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Common\FMOD.dll
    3>------ Build started: Project: Resources, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    1>C:\My Projects\vixen3\Vixen.System\Sys\Managers\Hardware UpdateThread.cs(161,33,161,98): warning CS0429: Unreachable expression code detected
    1>C:\My Projects\vixen3\Vixen.System\Sys\Output\OutputCont roller.cs(167,8,167,15): warning CS0162: Unreachable code detected
    1>C:\My Projects\vixen3\Vixen.System\Sys\Output\IntervalUp dateSignaler.cs(9,16,9,31): warning CS0414: The field 'Vixen.Sys.Output.IntervalUpdateSignaler._lastUpda teTime' is assigned but its value is never used
    1>C:\My Projects\vixen3\Vixen.System\Module\Effect\EffectM oduleInstanceBase.cs(24,23,24,33): warning CS0414: The field 'Vixen.Module.Effect.EffectModuleInstanceBase.prer endCnt' is assigned but its value is never used
    1> Vixen -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Vixen.dll
    1> 1 file(s) copied.
    3> Resources -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Common\Resources.dll
    4>------ Build started: Project: Audio, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    5>------ Build started: Project: BaseSequence, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    5> BaseSequence -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Common\BaseSequence.dll
    4> Audio -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Media\Audio.dll
    6>------ Build started: Project: NShape (VixenModules\Common\NShape\NShape), Configuration: Release x86 ------
    7>------ Build started: Project: Controls, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    6> NShape -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Common\Dataweb.NShape.dll
    8>------ Build started: Project: LipSyncMap, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    7> Controls -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Common\Controls.dll
    8> LipSyncMap -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\App\LipSyncMap.dll
    9>------ Build started: Project: ColorBreakdown, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    10>------ Build started: Project: ColorGradients, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    9> ColorBreakdown -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\OutputFilter\Color Breakdown.dll
    11>------ Build started: Project: Color, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    10> ColorGradients -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\App\ColorGradients .dll
    11> Color -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Property\Color.dll
    12>------ Build started: Project: Curves, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    13>------ Build started: Project: Location, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    13> Location -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Property\Location. dll
    14>------ Build started: Project: VixenHelp, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    14> VixenHelp -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Common\VixenHelp.dll
    12> Curves -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\App\Curves.dll
    15>------ Build started: Project: FastPixel, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    16>------ Build started: Project: Pulse, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    15> FastPixel -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Common\FastPixel.dll
    17>------ Build started: Project: SetLevel, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    16> Pulse -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Effect\Pulse.dll
    18>------ Build started: Project: ScriptSequence, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    17> SetLevel -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Effect\SetLevel.dl l
    18>C:\My Projects\vixen3\Common\ScriptSequence\Script\Scrip tProjectGenerator.cs(7,7,7,18): warning CS0105: The using directive for 'System.Linq' appeared previously in this namespace
    18> ScriptSequence -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Common\ScriptSequence.dll
    19>------ Build started: Project: Chase, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    20>------ Build started: Project: Timed, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    20> Timed -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\SequenceType\Timed .dll
    21>------ Build started: Project: NShapeWinFormsUI, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    19> Chase -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Effect\Chase.dll
    22>------ Build started: Project: Twinkle, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    22> Twinkle -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Effect\Twinkle.dll
    23>------ Build started: Project: Spin, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    23> Spin -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Effect\Spin.dll
    24>------ Build started: Project: ValueTypes, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    24> ValueTypes -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Common\ValueTypes.dll
    25>------ Build started: Project: VirtualEffect, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    25> VirtualEffect -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\App\VirtualEffect. dll
    21>C:\My Projects\vixen3\Common\NShape\WinFormsUI\Display.c s(4680,15,4680,23): warning CS1591: Missing XML comment for publicly visible type or member 'Dataweb.NShape.WinFormsUI.Display.ScrollBy(int, int)'
    21>C:\My Projects\vixen3\Common\NShape\WinFormsUI\Display.c s(4686,15,4686,23): warning CS1591: Missing XML comment for publicly visible type or member 'Dataweb.NShape.WinFormsUI.Display.ScrollTo(int, int)'
    21> NShapeWinFormsUI -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Common\Dataweb.NShape.WinF ormsUI.dll
    26>------ Build started: Project: VixenPreview, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    27>------ Build started: Project: Nutcracker, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    27> Nutcracker -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Effect\Nutcracker. dll
    28>------ Build started: Project: ffmpeg, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    28> ffmpeg -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Common\ffmpeg.dll
    29>------ Build started: Project: Wipe, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    26>C:\My Projects\vixen3\Modules\Preview\VixenPreview\Vixen PreviewSetupElementsDocument.cs(62,4,62,16): warning CS0162: Unreachable code detected
    26>C:\My Projects\vixen3\Modules\Preview\VixenPreview\Vixen PreviewControl.cs(84,50,84,67): warning CS0067: The event 'VixenModules.Preview.VixenPreview.VixenPreviewCon trol.OnElementsChanged' is never used
    26>C:\My Projects\vixen3\Modules\Preview\VixenPreview\Vixen PreviewModuleInstance.cs(17,16,17,29): warning CS0414: The field 'VixenModules.Preview.VixenPreview.VixenPreviewMod uleInstance.UseOldPreview' is assigned but its value is never used
    26>C:\My Projects\vixen3\Modules\Preview\VixenPreview\Vixen PreviewModuleInstance.cs(201,8,201,20): warning CS0414: The field 'VixenModules.Preview.VixenPreview.VixenPreviewMod uleInstance.isGdiVersion' is assigned but its value is never used
    26>C:\My Projects\vixen3\Modules\Preview\VixenPreview\Vixen PreviewSetupElementsDocument.cs(62,4,62,16): warning CS0162: Unreachable code detected
    26>C:\My Projects\vixen3\Modules\Preview\VixenPreview\Vixen PreviewControl.cs(84,50,84,67): warning CS0067: The event 'VixenModules.Preview.VixenPreview.VixenPreviewCon trol.OnElementsChanged' is never used
    26>C:\My Projects\vixen3\Modules\Preview\VixenPreview\Vixen PreviewModuleInstance.cs(17,16,17,29): warning CS0414: The field 'VixenModules.Preview.VixenPreview.VixenPreviewMod uleInstance.UseOldPreview' is assigned but its value is never used
    26>C:\My Projects\vixen3\Modules\Preview\VixenPreview\Vixen PreviewModuleInstance.cs(201,8,201,20): warning CS0414: The field 'VixenModules.Preview.VixenPreview.VixenPreviewMod uleInstance.isGdiVersion' is assigned but its value is never used
    26> VixenPreview -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Preview\VixenPrevi ew.dll
    29> Wipe -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Effect\Wipe.dll
    30>------ Build started: Project: RDS, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    31>------ Build started: Project: CustomValue, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    30> RDS -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Effect\RDS.dll
    31> CustomValue -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Effect\CustomValue .dll
    32>------ Build started: Project: Launcher, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    33>------ Build started: Project: Shows, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    32> Launcher -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Effect\Launcher.dl l
    34>------ Build started: Project: LipSync, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    33>C:\My Projects\vixen3\Modules\App\Shows\Actions\PauseAct ion.cs(12,19,12,26): warning CS0414: The field 'VixenModules.App.Shows.PauseAction.process' is assigned but its value is never used
    33> Shows -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\App\Shows.dll
    35>------ Build started: Project: Script (VixenModules\Modules\Sequence\Script), Configuration: Release x86 ------
    35> Script -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\SequenceType\Scrip t.dll
    34> LipSync -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Effect\LipSync.dll
    36>------ Build started: Project: CurveTypeEditor, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    36> CurveTypeEditor -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\EffectEditor\Curve TypeEditor.dll
    37>------ Build started: Project: ColorTypeEditor, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    38>------ Build started: Project: ColorGradientTypeEditor, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    38> ColorGradientTypeEditor -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\EffectEditor\Color GradientTypeEditor.dll
    37> ColorTypeEditor -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\EffectEditor\Color TypeEditor.dll
    39>------ Build started: Project: LevelTypeEditor, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    39> LevelTypeEditor -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\EffectEditor\Level TypeEditor.dll
    40>------ Build started: Project: StateMach, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    41>------ Build started: Project: NShapeGeneralShapes, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    40> StateMach -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Common\StateMach.dll
    42>------ Build started: Project: Olsen595, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    41> NShapeGeneralShapes -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Common\Dataweb.NShape.Gene ralShapes.dll
    42> Olsen595 -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Controller\Olsen59 5.dll
    43>------ Build started: Project: Renard, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    44>------ Build started: Project: Generic, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    43> Renard -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Controller\Renard. dll
    44> Generic -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Timing\Generic.dll
    45>------ Build started: Project: TimedSequenceEditor, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    46>------ Skipped Build: Project: Scheduler, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    46>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration
    47>------ Build started: Project: SpinEffectEditor, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    45> TimedSequenceEditor -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Editor\TimedSequen ceEditor.dll
    48>------ Build started: Project: TwinkleEffectEditor, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    47> SpinEffectEditor -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\EffectEditor\SpinE ffectEditor.dll
    48> TwinkleEffectEditor -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\EffectEditor\Twink leEffectEditor.dll
    49>------ Build started: Project: InstrumentationPanel, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    50>------ Build started: Project: ChaseEffectEditor, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    49> InstrumentationPanel -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\App\Instrumentatio nPanel.dll
    51>------ Build started: Project: DummyLighting, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    50> ChaseEffectEditor -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\EffectEditor\Chase EffectEditor.dll
    52>------ Build started: Project: BlinkyLinky, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    51> DummyLighting -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Controller\DummyLi ghting.dll
    52> BlinkyLinky -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Controller\BlinkyL inky.dll
    53>------ Build started: Project: DmxUsbPro, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    54>------ Build started: Project: E131, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    53> DmxUsbPro -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Controller\DmxUsbP ro.dll
    55>------ Build started: Project: Vixen2x, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    54>C:\My Projects\vixen3\Modules\Output\E1.31\E131OutputPlu gin.cs(536,22,536,32): warning CS0168: The variable 'lastUpdate' is declared but never used
    54> E131 -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Controller\E131.dl l
    55> Vixen2x -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\SequenceType\Vixen 2x.dll
    56>------ Build started: Project: PSC, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    56> PSC -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Controller\PSC.dll
    57>------ Build started: Project: Hill320, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    58>------ Build started: Project: VB, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    57> Hill320 -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Controller\Hill320 .dll
    59>------ Build started: Project: DimmingCurve, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    58> VB -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Script\VB.dll
    60>------ Build started: Project: OpenDMX, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    59> DimmingCurve -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\OutputFilter\Dimmi ngCurve.dll
    60> OpenDMX -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Controller\OpenDMX .dll
    61>------ Build started: Project: GenericSerial, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    62>------ Build started: Project: FGDimmer, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    61> GenericSerial -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Controller\Generic Serial.dll
    62> FGDimmer -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Controller\FGDimme r.dll
    63>------ Build started: Project: Grid, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    64>------ Build started: Project: FilePathTypeEditor, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    63> Grid -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Property\Grid.dll
    64> FilePathTypeEditor -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\EffectEditor\FileP athTypeEditor.dll
    65>------ Build started: Project: CSharp, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    66>------ Build started: Project: NutcrackerEffectEditor, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    65> CSharp -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Script\CSharp.dll
    67>------ Build started: Project: ScriptEditor, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    66> NutcrackerEffectEditor -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\EffectEditor\Nutcr ackerEffectEditor.dll
    68>------ Build started: Project: AlternatingEditor, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    68> AlternatingEditor -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\EffectEditor\Alter natingEditor.dll
    69>------ Build started: Project: Alternating, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    69> Alternating -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Effect\Alternating .dll
    67> ScriptEditor -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Editor\ScriptEdito r.dll
    70>------ Build started: Project: WipeEditor, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    71>------ Build started: Project: VixenApplication, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    70> WipeEditor -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\EffectEditor\WipeE ditor.dll
    72>------ Build started: Project: CommandController, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    72> CommandController -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Controller\RDSCont roller.dll
    73>------ Build started: Project: RDSEditor, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    73> RDSEditor -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\EffectEditor\RDSEd itor.dll
    74>------ Build started: Project: DebugController, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    75>------ Build started: Project: Candle, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    74> DebugController -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Controller\DebugCo ntroller.dll
    75> Candle -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Effect\Candle.dll
    76>------ Build started: Project: CustomValueEditor, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    77>------ Build started: Project: Libraries, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    76> CustomValueEditor -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\EffectEditor\Custo mValueEditor.dll
    78>------ Build started: Project: WebServer, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    78> WebServer -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\App\WebServer.dll
    77> Libraries -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Common\Libraries.dll
    79>------ Build started: Project: ElexolEtherIO, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    80>------ Build started: Project: IntUpDownEditor, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    80> IntUpDownEditor -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\EffectEditor\IntUp DownEditor.dll
    79> ElexolEtherIO -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Controller\ElexolE therIO.dll
    81>------ Build started: Project: LauncherEditor, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    82>------ Build started: Project: SuperScheduler, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    81> LauncherEditor -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\EffectEditor\Launc herEditor.dll
    83>------ Build started: Project: ElexolUSBIO, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    82> SuperScheduler -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\App\SuperScheduler .dll
    84>------ Build started: Project: HelixController, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    85>------ Build started: Project: VersionControl, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    86>------ Build started: Project: K8055 Controller, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    86>C:\My Projects\vixen3\Modules\Output\K8055 Controller\K8055Module.cs(18,15,18,22): warning CS0649: Field 'VixenModules.Output.K8055_Controller.K8055Module. _Offset' is never assigned to, and will always have its default value 0
    86> K8055 Controller -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\Controller\K8055 Controller.dll
    85> VersionControl -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\App\VersionControl .dll
    87>------ Build started: Project: LipSyncEditor, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    88>------ Build started: Project: PercentageTypeEditor, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    88> PercentageTypeEditor -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\EffectEditor\Perce ntageTypeEditor.dll
    87> LipSyncEditor -> C:\My Projects\vixen3\Release\Modules\EffectEditor\LipSy ncEditor.dll
    ========== Build: 87 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 1 skipped ==========

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast