Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help Getting Started with Module for Papagayo Imports

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Help Getting Started with Module for Papagayo Imports

I see, I could have a mouth element called Left Tooth, and make that yellow. Then combine that into the OpenMouth name.

And If I wanted multiple colors that will need to wait. Ok, just having something like this to start would be Great.

The add-on you mention would be really kewl, with the ability to control servos to make certain mouth movements!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roterhead View Post
    I see, I could have a mouth element called Left Tooth, and make that yellow. Then combine that into the OpenMouth name.

And If I wanted multiple colors that will need to wait. Ok, just having something like this to start would be Great.

The add-on you mention would be really kewl, with the ability to control servos to make certain mouth movements!
    Yep, that sums it up!

--- New stuff ---
    I have finished implementing the ability to import a Papagayo file. Using the attached pictures as a reference, the user will select a Papagayo pgo file which will get imported to the clipboard as a series of phonemes.

PapagayoImport.jpgPapagayoImport2.jpgPapagayoImport3.jpgPapagayoImport4.jpg

This week I will get the source code cleaned up and checked in for anyone who wants to jump in on the development effort. Time permitting I will try to put a beta build together and quick tutorial also.

Ed

3. Thanks davrus thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice, looking forward to seeing this!

Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic!! I can't wait to have play with this.

Kev
    Grandad get the lights ready

Post Thanks / Like

I have decided to abandon Method #2 and decided to move forward with Method #3. I added code to utilize the latest version of the CMU Phoneme Dictionary and have native text conversion support working. This also integrates with the Mark manager to allow this process to be automated as much as possible using audacity.

Here are some pictures. I have one more code modification left and I will work on getting a development build together for everyone to throw darts at, hopefully by the beginning of next week.

Text Convert 1.jpgText Convert 2.jpgText Convert 3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ebrady View Post
    Edited:

This is the direction I am heading with Papagayo support. I am thinking about adding 3 methods -

Method #1 (Planned) - Convert Papagayo file to Native Vixen Phonemes - The tools menu would contain an item to "import" a Papagayo file. On the import, a set of Phoneme Elements (This is new element type) would be created based upon the current cursor position, or sent to the clipboard so that they can be pasted into the sequence. Future editing would occur in Vixen3, and Papagayo would no longer be needed. (Yea!)
    Attachment 24004

Method #2 (Planned) - Add the ability to link a Papagayo file as a single sequence element. Once linked, the single element would represent the Papagayo file that would be interpreted at runtime. This method is for anyone who prefers to leave the Papagayo file alone and to perform all editing in the Papagayo Editor.
    Attachment 24005
    Method #3 - (Investigating) - The Tools menu would contain an item to convert lyric words into a collection of Phonemes that would then inserted into the Vixen Sequence and then edited using the Vixen editor. This method would allow the Vixen editor to replace Papagayo completely (Super Yea!). I think this is feasible with the aid of a public Phoneme library such as that published by CMU.

7. Likes davrus liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123