Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Masking & Video Production for a Projector the Easy Way

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Masking & Video Production for a Projector the Easy Way

Yeah, You guys are right about that. I will stick to the left section of the house. Will the projection be visable while the rest of the show is going? Or do I have to have that part of the house be in the dark while projecting? Ok so it looks like I too will be ordering the GT760. Quick question on that. If I have the projector turn on with a timer, will it be able to play or are there some button that need to be pushed to have it ready for playback? BTW I just ordered the PowerDirector 12 with the discount, Thanks Poolprousa!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robo View Post
    Yeah, You guys are right about that. I will stick to the left section of the house. Will the projection be visable while the rest of the show is going? Or do I have to have that part of the house be in the dark while projecting? Ok so it looks like I too will be ordering the GT760. Quick question on that. If I have the projector turn on with a timer, will it be able to play or are there some button that need to be pushed to have it ready for playback? BTW I just ordered the PowerDirector 12 with the discount, Thanks Poolprousa!
    You're welcome, you will have lots of fun with PD and your new PJ. Yes, ambient light will have an effect on your projected image, you will just have to test it to see how much. I plan on sequencing the lights that are adjacent to my "screens" to not be too active during key portions of video that I want to put emphasis on, as a precaution to too much light saturation. That being said, I have a streetlight close to my front yard (that I will get a switch on before Dec); It has very little effect on my projections

If the PJ is on, it will receive and play automatically whenever it receives a signal. However, powerdown should be done manually, which is a 2-stage process for the PJ; 1st step allows it to cool the lamp down before 2nd step which finalizes shutdown

[edit] timer won't work, it has a power on switch you must press
    Last edited by poolprousa; 02-21-2014 at 11:32 PM.
    [url=http://nutcracker123.com/forum/index.php?topic=20.0]Forum Link to My Show Setup[/url]

Post Thanks / Like

Robo,

Amazon has the Optoma unit for $590.98 if you have a Prime membership.
    [COLOR=#008000]2016 - 5th. year - Over 18,000 channels E1.31 including 350 Channels Renard, Video Projection - XL/NC - On Falcon Player, up to four megatrees.
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#008000]2017 - 6th. year - Moved display to a public park, Over 45,000 E1.31 channels, down to 100 Channels of serial Renard - XLights running on Falcon Player on a raspberry PI.[/COLOR][COLOR=#008000]
    2018 - 7th, year - Still at Shawnee Park, over 52,000 E1.31 channels, down to 96 channels of Renard - [/COLOR][COLOR=#008000]XLights running on Falcon Player on a raspberry PI.
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#008000]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [/COLOR]
    Randy: X[URL="http://www.xenialights.com/"]enialights[/URL] on [URL="https://www.facebook.com/pages/XeniaLights/420036314711206"]Facebook[/URL]

Post Thanks / Like

Neweggs still $2 cheaper. I'll be ordering it today! Woo hoo!

Post Thanks / Like

Poolprousa rather than the 50 ft cable why not have a wireless router and use the ethernet input on the projector?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    2009 - 48 channel MegaTree 4800 lights
    plus 3200 lights static display.
    2010 - 6 Snowflakes on heavy equipment stored in front yard :-(
    2011 - 72 channel Megatree 7520 lights,
    120 channel total about 10k lights total

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skunberg View Post
    Poolprousa rather than the 50 ft cable why not have a wireless router and use the ethernet input on the projector?

I am real weak in networking, especially wireless. I'm doing good to having my home/WHS2011 server set up with Plex I'm sure wireless is possible, I just am intimidated by it...plus the FPP has HDMI out, I'm bringing my projector inside after every show, so running the cable is no big deal for me. I would still be very interested if someone knows of a wireless solution, and would post it, maybe start a new topic
    [url=http://nutcracker123.com/forum/index.php?topic=20.0]Forum Link to My Show Setup[/url]

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, so why not use a short cable and have the pi right there too?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not putting you on the spot, and I haven't done this either. But I have read about more than one person using wireless to their projector, and another person using the pi player to run the projector (mp4s on the flash card, not FPP). So I am just fishing to put it all together. With a Rasclock you can have the FPP run stand alone in the yard with the projector and the ethernet E131 out of the pi to the rest of the show (add a bridge if you need some renard or dmx). I guess I'm a little off topic but when you mentioned FPP I had to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

they do sell wireless hdmi , tho it's on the expensive side.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robo View Post
    they do sell wireless hdmi , tho it's on the expensive side.
    This is exactly the method I plan to use , rather than a media player or running cables .

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast