Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Masking & Video Production for a Projector the Easy Way

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Masking & Video Production for a Projector the Easy Way

Thanks poolprousa, I followed your instructions and was able to get a basic projection set-up and running tonight. I now have the confidence to purchase my Projector. Are there any preferred sites that you get your videos from?

2. Likes kychristmas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robo View Post
    Thanks poolprousa, I followed your instructions and was able to get a basic projection set-up and running tonight. I now have the confidence to purchase my Projector. Are there any preferred sites that you get your videos from?
    That's great news!...I was hoping I could explain it so it could be understood. YouTube is your friend...start here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MissAfterEffects/videos

She makes these to share with everyone and gives permission to use them anyway you want. There are many others, just use different combinations of the search words for "Christmas, motion, animated, background, screen saver" etc. If you find a good one, be sure too check the user's other videos, and also Youtube will suggest hundreds of files each time you open a video. Be sure you have the "Downloadhelper, Flash Video Downloader, and Freecorder YouTube Download Wizard" Add-ons for Firefox. You can also Google those search terms with good results, just be cautious of malware and adware; if they request that you install a program to download their file, or if the downloaded file ends in .exe, resist the temptation; you probably won't like the results.

The BEST way to get files is just create them yourself with your movie files and Powerdirector...it's easy and fun. Now don't go nuts and publicly project entire commercial movies, but it is perfectly acceptable (and legal under Fair Use Doctrine) to display parts or clips of a published work for educational, non-profit, parody, or short portions of motion pictures into new works for the purpose of criticism or comment...I believe our hobby meets most of that criteria.
    [url=http://nutcracker123.com/forum/index.php?topic=20.0]Forum Link to My Show Setup[/url]

4. Likes scootchu, kychristmas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

One of several questions I will have. Once I'm happy with my video. My last step would be to remove the mask. So only the videos that I placed in my openings, garage/Windows, would be shown? Or do I somehow paint my my house black and leave the videos behind the mask ? Hope you can follow. I'm hoping to get outside this weekend and take some measurements for sizing my projector. So I may have some questions. If that's alright m
    Last edited by Robo; 02-21-2014 at 03:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

One of several questions I will have. Once I'm happy with my video. My last step would be to remove the mask. So only the videos that I placed in my openings, garage/Windows, would be shown? Or do I somehow paint my my house black and leave the videos behind the mask ? Hope you can follow. I'm hoping to get outside this weekend and take some measurements for sizing my projector. So I may have some questions. If that's alright m
    Exactly. Take the .png file you have created back into Photoshop; your house is the "mask", the sections that are revealed under the mask are "layers". By painting your mask black will have no effect on your layers. Again, Youtube is your friend; there are many tuts on there about masking and layers.
    So my final mask I will use to produce my final video will look like this WP_20140113_15_09_03_Raw.jpg and this s1.png

Ask as many questions as you want, no problem, glad to help
    [url=http://nutcracker123.com/forum/index.php?topic=20.0]Forum Link to My Show Setup[/url]

Post Thanks / Like

Wow I'm actually catching on.
    Ok now its time to purchase my projector. Obviously its a big investment so I need some help on the right one. Just measured my house 18'Tall x 47'wide. Max 40feet to the street, level lot.
    Will the Optoma GT760 work with my home? Color is light yellow not sure if that makes a difference.
    h1.jpg
    h2.jpg
    h3.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Wow nice layout Robo..... You're yard is full but not at all cluttered, looks awesome.
    Any vids from last Christmas?

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Thanks was kinda of nervous posting it. First time. I dont have any video but I will see if I can get one from one of my neighbors.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow I'm actually catching on.
    Ok now its time to purchase my projector. Obviously its a big investment so I need some help on the right one. Just measured my house 18'Tall x 47'wide. Max 40feet to the street, level lot.
    Will the Optoma GT760 work with my home? Color is light yellow not sure if that makes a difference.
    Refer to my vid and pics. I covered my entire house from about 42' back from the garage. I felt that was wasting too much of my lighting stage, so I am just going to project left and center of my house (from left edge of garage to right side of right column) which is 40' wide...height is no problem, it shoots to the top of the trees behind my house, so I'll just mask from the roofline up. My projector will now sit 30' back from the garage, and not interfere with other components of my show. Your house is going to be an awesome palette for projection!

Shop around, but I researched about a month before deciding on the GT760...for price and performance, IMHO, nothing tops it. I have a NewEgg preferred account, and got it no payments or interest for 12 months Another ting to consider is your cable...I am running a 50' HDMI Redmere cable ( to deliver extremely high speeds and excellent performance) to the projector from a Falcon Pi Player (eventually) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16882021248

Post Thanks / Like

Robo,

I would just cover the two story, you have enough going on on the single story side especially with the singing trees.
    [COLOR=#008000]2016 - 5th. year - Over 18,000 channels E1.31 including 350 Channels Renard, Video Projection - XL/NC - On Falcon Player, up to four megatrees.
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#008000]2017 - 6th. year - Moved display to a public park, Over 45,000 E1.31 channels, down to 100 Channels of serial Renard - XLights running on Falcon Player on a raspberry PI.[/COLOR][COLOR=#008000]
    2018 - 7th, year - Still at Shawnee Park, over 52,000 E1.31 channels, down to 96 channels of Renard - [/COLOR][COLOR=#008000]XLights running on Falcon Player on a raspberry PI.
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#008000]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [/COLOR]
    Randy: X[URL="http://www.xenialights.com/"]enialights[/URL] on [URL="https://www.facebook.com/pages/XeniaLights/420036314711206"]Facebook[/URL]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Xenia View Post
    Robo,

I would just cover the two story, you have enough going on on the single story side especially with the singing trees.
    I agree. I think a lot of people see the hi-tech projections on Youtube and think they must also cover every square inch of their house...not true; we have lightshows too; projection should complement the blinky monster, not dominate. Garage+second story+front door would be do-able and look great, plus keep the projector closer to the house, leaving more room for lighting props

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast