Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Support for D-light

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Support for D-light

I'm trying to convert my Dlight controllers to DMX. It seems that the Dlight forum went away. Does anyone have the info on how to convert or map new chips for the Dlight controllers?

2. Likes davidwill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I might be able to help, I have to check my note on this.
    First you will have to get new pic 18f2420 I think, look at the number on the pic's it should be 18fxxxx. You can get them from micrchip.com.
    You will need a pickit programmer 2 or 3 (think I used 3) to program the pick and software to do this, You can find free software for the pickit 3, here is a video
    https://youtu.be/oAgKxxoEDa4
    i found on you tube which show's how to use the pickit 3 software MPLAB X IPE (which worked for me).
    You will need a hex file which I think I have on my computer and would be happy to give to you or post it if I can figure out how to.
    Once you have the the pic programmed I remember something about a DEWEY config and needing a usb dongle to talk to the chip. I was abbe to use the LOR 485 USB dongle with booster to talk to the newly programmed dmx chip Now you should be able to set your address (1 -16) , ( 17-32) etc, you choose with the d-light utility hardware ( I think ) This is all from memory, hopefully I'm not to far off, like I said I ill check my notes in the next day or two.
    Hope this helps David

Post Thanks / Like

I might be able to help, I have to check my note on this.
    First you will have to get new pic 18f2420 I think, look at the number on the pic's it should be 18fxxxx. You can get them from micrchip.com.
    You will need a pickit programmer 2 or 3 (think I used 3) to program the pick and software to do this, You can find free software for the pickit 3, here is a video
    https://youtu.be/oAgKxxoEDa4
    i found on you tube which show's how to use the pickit 3 software MPLAB X IPE (which worked for me).
    You will need a hex file which I think I have on my computer and would be happy to give to you or post it if I can figure out how to.
    Once you have the the pic programmed I remember something about a DEWEY config and needing a usb dongle to talk to the chip. I was abbe to use the LOR 485 USB dongle with booster to talk to the newly programmed dmx chip Now you should be able to set your address (1 -16) , ( 17-32) etc, you choose with the d-light utility hardware ( I think ) This is all from memory, hopefully I'm not to far off, like I said I ill check my notes in the next day or two.
    Hope this helps David

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910