Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Pixel DCSSR Version 1.3

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Ravenna, OH
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Pixel DCSSR Version 1.3

    I was looking at the Pixel DCSSR Version 1.3. From what I see, this is designed to control a string or strip if "dumb" RGBs. I understand it is three channels, one for red, one for green, and one for blue, but that would still be only one string right? As long as they don't exceed 4 amps per channel or 10 amps for the board? That way I could like make some mini trees, put the DCSSR inside the trees, and add 100 RGB string and control the color with one DCSSR per tree? Just trying to do some laying out and looking for options.

    Thanks for looking,

    Chris
    KB8IHG

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Omaha, Ne
    Posts
    3,147
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Pixel DCSSR Version 1.3

    That is correct, but one thing to add, you need to control the DCSSR with a Pixel Controller. It is not a normal DCSSR.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Ravenna, OH
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Pixel DCSSR Version 1.3

    Quote Originally Posted by dlovely View Post
    That is correct, but one thing to add, you need to control the DCSSR with a Pixel Controller. It is not a normal DCSSR.
    Is that for running a string of "dumb RGBs as well? I don't need to control each pixel. Or am I missing something?
    KB8IHG

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Omaha, Ne
    Posts
    3,147
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Pixel DCSSR Version 1.3

    Quote Originally Posted by kb8ihg View Post
    Is that for running a string of "dumb RGBs as well? I don't need to control each pixel. Or am I missing something?
    The Pixel DCSSR makes a string of dumb LEDs into one really large pixel. Meaning if you have a 5M long dumb LED strip, the whole 5M strip would be one single pixel. It would show up as 1 pixel on a E68x for example. The nice thing is you can connect normal WS2811 pixels before or after the Pixel DCSSR.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Ravenna, OH
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Pixel DCSSR Version 1.3

    Quote Originally Posted by dlovely View Post
    The Pixel DCSSR makes a string of dumb LEDs into one really large pixel. Meaning if you have a 5M long dumb LED strip, the whole 5M strip would be one single pixel. It would show up as 1 pixel on a E68x for example. The nice thing is you can connect normal WS2811 pixels before or after the Pixel DCSSR.
    If it shows up as one pixel, does that mean one channel? If thats true, how does the string change colors? I thought you need 3 channels per.

    Just another newbie question.

    Thanks--Chris
    KB8IHG

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Omaha, Ne
    Posts
    3,147
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Pixel DCSSR Version 1.3

    Quote Originally Posted by kb8ihg View Post
    If it shows up as one pixel, does that mean one channel? If thats true, how does the string change colors? I thought you need 3 channels per.

    Just another newbie question.

    Thanks--Chris
    One Pixel, a pixel is 3 channels...

    So lets step back for a minute here... What are you wanting to do overall?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Ravenna, OH
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Pixel DCSSR Version 1.3

    Quote Originally Posted by dlovely View Post
    One Pixel, a pixel is 3 channels...

    So lets step back for a minute here... What are you wanting to do overall?
    Looking to build about 8 or so mini trees and be able to change colors by using some RGB strings.
    KB8IHG

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Omaha, Ne
    Posts
    3,147
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Pixel DCSSR Version 1.3

    What are you using to control them? What do you have already?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Ravenna, OH
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Pixel DCSSR Version 1.3

    Everything is in the planning stages. I thought I might get a Renard Plus 32 as a controller and use the Pixel DCSSR at each tree with a string of 100 dumb RGBs. Next year will be my first attempt at a non-static display.
    KB8IHG

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Omaha, Ne
    Posts
    3,147
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Pixel DCSSR Version 1.3

    Quote Originally Posted by kb8ihg View Post
    Everything is in the planning stages. I thought I might get a Renard Plus 32 as a controller and use the Pixel DCSSR at each tree with a string of 100 dumb RGBs. Next year will be my first attempt at a non-static display.
    Okay, With the Ren32, you want the normal DCSSRs not the Pixel ones.

    You would just use a normal DCSSR and leave 1 channel blank, or if you have three trees near each other, you could use 3 DCSSRs and wire them so 3 go to each tree making it an even count.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •