Thread: carousel that runs in reverse only

Post Thanks / Like

Default carousel that runs in reverse only

I have a carousel that is a number of years old that only seems to want to only go in reverse these days. It doesn't have any twists in it and it inflates fine. I had it setup in my garage and let it run for 2 days straight and it still had the issues, so I am not sure what to do.

I've read that there is a sensor that tries to determine if there is a kink and will go in reverse to untwist it, so maybe that sensor is broken. I have stopped/started it numerous times, so it doesn't appear to be realizing that everything is OK.

My thought is to reverse the power to the motor to force it to go the other direction (if it is indeed stuck going the one direction), but I haven't taken apart a carousel before, so I am not sure where to start.

Does anyone have a different approach to take, or have done a similar thing to the motor?

At a minimum, has anyone taken apart one of these carousels? I can't find many pictures/how-tos online that show how to get to that upper motor.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: carousel that runs in reverse only

I came across your post while posting my own question in this section. I see no one has replied. While I do not have any direct knowledge of your carousel, I thought I would put in my 2 cents and at least give your post a bump.

Before I would reverse the power going into the use I would first try and locate this sensor you talked about. You may cause more problems reversing the power to a circuit board that you know. With the power off and the most of the air out of the unit, look for a way inside. All of the ones I have, have a some way inside to change the lamps at least. Try to feel your way though the material. Start where the power enters the unit. Keep in mind that someone had to put this thing together in the first place so try to think your way though it backwards. The hope is you will find some sort of sensor or circuit board and that you can work this to the outside. if you can get this board and maybe the motor itself to the outside then you can try to figure the problem out from there. As a worst case you could try to reverse the power leads to the motor itself. but if you do this test it before putting things back together.

My Last suggestion would be to post a photo of the unit or even a video. In this way someone who has one like you yours may reply. If you do get the the guts outside post a photo of those too.

Good Luck there are a lot of helpful people here ... someone has an answer...

Cburg

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: carousel that runs in reverse only

I know that this is an old thread, but I'm betting that you have one of those carousels inside a bubble. It's a chronic problem with those, but the solution is simple -- the motor that turns the carousel is in the top. Hold the top up while it inflates until the motor actually starts. If it's going backwards, use the access zipper near there and reach in and turn the motor in the right direction.